Aymeric de Moncuit is a partner in the Antitrust & Competition practice of the Brussels and Paris offices. He has 15 years of experience and has been involved in high-profile cases in both Europe and France. He joined from the General Court of the European Union, where he was a Référendaire. Previously, Aymeric was a competition lawyer in private practice, and a case handler with the French Competition Authority. He boasts considerable experience in EU competition rules (merger control, cartels, competitor collaborations, dominance, State aid) and experience of the European courts. A significant focus of his experience is in key areas such as Internet of Things (IoT), the European Green Deal and ESG. He is highly respected in the market and has a strong network of relationships and contacts at French businesses and industries.
In addition to lecturing French and EU Competition Law in Panthéon-Assas, he is a prolific writer and speaker on EU litigation, State aid and competition/antitrust law topics.
He joined Mayer Brown in 2022.
General Court of the European Union (Luxemburg)
- Competition law:
- Abuse of dominance: Google and Alphabet v Commission (T-612/17), Deutsche Telekom v Commission (T‑827/14) and Slovak Telekom v Commission (T‑851/14), Servier and Others v Commission (T‑691/14)
- Anticompetitive agreements: Portugal Telecom v Commission (T‑208/13) and Telefónica v Commission (T‑216/13), FSL and Others v Commission (T‑655/11)
- Merger: Éditions Odile Jacob v Commission (T-471/11)
- State aid: Whirlpool Europe v Commission (T‑118/13)
- Procedure: Casino, Guichard-Perrachon and Others v Commission (T‑249/17, T-254/17, T-255/17)
- Intellectual property: Billa v EUIPO – Boardriders IP Holdings (Billa), (T‑524/18), Užstato sistemos administratorius v EUIPO – DPG Deutsche Pfandsystem (T‑477/18)
- EU regulatory (chemicals): France v ECHA (T-127/20), Agrochem-Maks v Commission (T‑574/18), Nouryon Industrial Chemicals e.a. v Commission (T-868/19, ongoing)
Autorité de la Concurrence (Paris)
- Handling of the “home and personal care products” cartel case (Decision 14-D-19), highest fine ever imposed by the French competition authority (nearly €1 billion)
- Investigation of companies suspected of infringing competition rules (handling of information requests, oral hearings, “dawn raids”)
- Handling of numerous merger filings
3 月 03 日2023 年
Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation and Leadership (PON)
英国伦敦国王学院, Master's (Intellectual Property Law)
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Maîtrise en droit des affaires et en droit international (Master's in Business Law and International Law) | Diplôme d'études approfondies de droit européen (Postgraduate degree, European Law)
英国利兹大学, Licence de droit (bachelor's in law, Erasmus)
- Brussels (Bar E list - Ordre Francais des Avocats au Barreau de Bruxelles)