Paul Crimmins concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and general corporate representation. He advises some of Mayer Brown’s largest corporate clients, and serves as the Office Practice Leader for Mayer Brown’s Chicago Corporate & Securities practice.
Paul was selected as an “Illinois Super Lawyer” in 2012, 2013 and 2015 and named a “Leading Lawyer” by the Leading Lawyers Network in three categories: Corporate Finance Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Securities & Venture Finance Law. He regularly publishes and speaks on topics relating to mergers acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Progress Rail Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., in its acquisition of Cleveland Track Material, Inc., a subsidiary of Vossloh AG.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) in its acquisition of a 27 percent stake in Hilco Global, an independent financial services group.
- PGGM in the $601 million 20 percent investment in SUEZ Water Resources, Inc., an owner and operator of water and wastewater utilities throughout the United States.
- Rose Packing Company, a specialty manufacturer and distributor of meat products, in its sale to OSI Group, LLC.
- dnata, one of the world’s largest air services providers, in its acquisition of 121 Inflight Catering Llc, an inflight and VIP caterer.
- Metal One in its acquisition of Cargill’s US metals business, achieving a significant expansion of activity and presence in the US market. Metal One is a steel trading and distribution joint venture subsidiary of Mitsubishi and Sojitz, with annual revenues of approximately $17 billion.
- Generac Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in the Italian-based Pramac group, a leading manufacturer of stationary and mobile generators for a variety of commercial and industrial applications primarily sold under the Pramac® brand, as well as portable generators used for numerous residential, light construction and recreational purposes.
- Trilogy Holdings LP in the $1.5 billion sale of Trilogy Investors LLC, which owns and operates integrated senior health care campuses in the Midwest, to Trilogy Real Estate Investment Trust, a joint venture between Griffin-American Healthcare REIT III Inc. and NorthStar Healthcare Income Inc.
- Generac Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of the generator-set business of Baldor Electric Company from Switzerland-based ABB Ltd.
- Packaging Corporation of America in its $2 billion acquisition of Boise Inc., an Idaho-based manufacturer of paper packaging products sold in the United States, Europe, Mexico and Canada.
- Progress Rail Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., in its $820 million acquisition of Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., a leading manufacturer of diesel-electric locomotives and diesel power engines, from private equity firms, Berkshire Partners LLC and Greenbriar Equity Group LLC (closing pending).
- Progress Rail Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., in its acquisition of GE Transportation's Inspection Products business, which manufactures hot wheel and hot box detectors, data acquisition systems, draggers and other related inspection products for the global freight and passenger rail segments.
- Nalco Company in the $166 million sale of its Performance Products Group, a supplier of value-added specialty polymers and formulation additives marketed to the global personal care and household care industries, to The Lubrizol Corporation.
- Chicago Partners, a leading economic and financial analysis consulting firm, in its sale to Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- ArcelorMittal USA in the sale of its integrated steel facility in Sparrows Point, Maryland pursuant to a divestiture order sought and obtained by the US Department of Justice.
- Nalco Company in its sale of its Finishing Technologies Business to Chemetall Corp.
- Nalco Company in the acquisition by its subsidiary Res-Kem General Water LLC of the assets of Christ Water Technology Americas LLC, a designer, manufacturer and servicer of water treatment systems.
- Nalco Company in its acquisition of Res-Kem Corporation and General Water Services Corporation, leading suppliers of water treatment services and equipment in the Northeastern region of the United States.
- Nalco in its acquisition of the assets of California Water Purification, a provider of water treatment equipment and services.
- Nalco in its acquisition of the assets of Courby Corporation, a provider of water treatment equipment and services.
- Nalco Company in the sale of its NAFLEET marine chemicals unit, which produces and distributes marine water treatment chemicals, to Norway-based Wilhelmsen Ships Service AS.
- Maytag Corporation in its sale of its subsidiary Jade Products Company to The Middleby Corporation.
- Coleman Cable, Inc. in its acquisition of Copperfield llc for $214 million.
- Caterpillar Inc. in its acquisition of Progress Rail Services, Inc. for a total consideration of $1 billion.
- Koninklijke DSM NV in its acquisition of the US neoresins business of Avecia Investments Limited.
- Marconi Corporation plc in the sale of its US Outside Plant, Power and Services and Test Systems businesses to Emerson Electric Co., for a total consideration of $406 million.
- Whirlpool Corporation in the sale of its subsidiary, Whirlpool de Reynosa SA de CV, to Noma Corporation.
- Marconi Corporation plc in the sale of its North American Access Business to Advanced Fibre Communications, Inc. for $240 million.
- Life Fitness, a division of Brunswick Corporation, in a series of transactions whereby the entity sold its portfolio of US retail exercise equipment stores to Hancock Park Capital II, lp (terms withheld).
- Whirlpool Corporation in its acquisition of the remaining 51 percent of Vitromatic, SA de CV from Vitro SA, for $148 million.
- Brunswick Corporation in its sale of the stock of Igloo Products Corp. and related assets to Westar Capital llc and affiliates for approximately $70 million.
- Marconi Corporation plc in the sale of its Data Systems subsidiaries to Danaher Corporation for $400 million.
- Packtion Holdings, Inc. in its formation and issuance of equity to Silgan Holdings Inc., Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Venture Partners IV, lp, The Proctor & Gamble Company and E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- The Quaker Oats Company in the formation of Altus Food Company, llc, a joint venture with Novartis Consumer Health for the development and commercialization of functional foods and beverages.
- Cargill, Incorporated in the formation of Renessen llc, a biotechnology joint venture with Monsanto for the development of improved ingredients and inputs for agricultural and food processing applications.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 法律博士, 优等成绩
Dean's List; Alpha Sigma Nu
Loyola University Chicago, BS
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Link Unlimited
- Member, Union League Club of Chicago