Richard F. Bulger
产品责任及大规模侵权, 金融机构并购, 诉讼及争议解决
Rich Bulger is co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Environmental Action Group. He represents business, association and individual clients in complex environmental, toxic tort, and administrative law matters. Rich practices before federal and state judicial and administrative tribunals, and has represented companies in the chemical, utility, scrap metal, railroad, and ranching industries in a variety of contexts.
Rich negotiates with government entities in proceedings related to federal and state environmental regulatory programs. This work practice complements his counseling of clients on environmental aspects of corporate transactions and real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, and redevelopment of brownfields properties.
Rich served with the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency from 1994 to 1997 before entering private practice. He joined Mayer Brown in 1998.
Environmental and Toxic Tort Litigation:
- Representing a multinational entity in nationwide product liability litigation, with particular emphasis on pretrial and trial practice in Madison County and Cook County, Illinois, including substantial litigation in the trial courts, intermediate appellate courts and the Illinois Supreme Court.
- Represented a chemical manufacturer in a putative class action filed in Madison County, Illinois alleging that the company's herbicide has contaminated public water supplies.
- Represented appellant in Georgia-Pacific West, Inc. v. Northwest Environmental Defense Center, 133 S. Ct. 1326 (2013), in which the United States Supreme Court held that collected runoff from forest roads is a not discharge requiring an NPDES permit.
- Best Lawyers - Litigation - Environmental (2010)
- Leading Lawyers Network - Environmental Law (2010)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 法律博士
- Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resource
- DePauw University, 学士
- Oregon (inactive)
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member, Illinois Bar Association, Environmental Section - Council Member
- Environmental Law Institute