Learn the basics of drafting and negotiating corporate agreements — from how the provisions of an agreement fit together, to the fundamental drafting and negotiating principles common to all corporate agreements. Our expert faculty will teach you how to reduce your client’s goals to a complete, clearly written and enforceable agreement, and how to identify what issues are most likely to come up in a negotiation of that agreement.
During the Practising Law Institute’s “Universal Issues and Preliminary Documents” panel in New York on November 16, 2022, Mayer Brown partner Jennifer Keating will discuss letters of intent, confidentiality and standstill agreements. Mayer Brown partner Esther Chang will present the panel “Specialty Agreements—Equity Agreements”, sharing the best practices in drafting and negotiating equity agreements.
What You Will Learn
- Discuss key terms of standard transactional agreements and how they are organized
- Learn when and how to use letters of intent, confidentiality and standstill agreements
- Find out about the wide range of M&A agreements, both public and private
- Consider special agreements, including equity (NYC), credit/indenture (NYC), employment (SF), and licensing (SF) agreements
- Hear a litigator's perspective on the importance of boilerplate to the enforcement of contracts
- Review common ethical errors made in negotiating contracts
To learn more, visit the program website.