“Volodymyr Yaremko … draw strong praise this year from international sources who laud his “knowledge of the market, responsiveness and professionalism in difficult circumstances,” as well as his “creative problem solving”.Who’s Who Legal, Arbitration 2023 – Future Leaders – Non-Partners
Volodymyr Yaremko is a Ukrainian qualified senior associate in the Construction & Engineering team and International Arbitration group of the London office. He advises international clients in their Central-Eastern European market activities. He also assists Ukrainian business in their overseas activities.
Volodymyr used to be a co-chair of the infrastructure committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine in 2021-2022, as well as the only Ukrainian who is certified by the FIDIC as an Adjudicator and included in the FIDIC Presidents List. He is also on an approved faculty list and was admitted to the Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
He focuses on providing legal support in multi-jurisdictional disputes in national courts and in international commercial and investment arbitration. Volodymyr has more than 12 years of experience representing clients in arbitration proceedings of various arbitral institutions including ICSID, ICC, LCIA, SCC and VIAC, as well as International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICAC). Volodymyr also focuses on advising clients on various matters in large-scale infrastructure projects, including implemented based on PPP/ concession scheme. He gained particular experience in projects implemented under the FIDIC forms of contracts with the assistance of international financial organizations such as EBRD, EIB and World Bank.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2022, Volodymyr worked in leading Ukrainian law firms, were he gained significant unique experience of advising Ukrainian and international clients in cross-border contentious matters, as well as in infrastructure investment projects and government contracts. He has been involved in Littop Enterprises Limited, Bridgemont Ventures Limited and Bordo Management Limited v. Ukraine (SCC Arbitration No. V 2015/092) in which he helped Ukraine to win its largest investment arbitration case. In this arbitration, the State of Ukraine defeated the Energy Charter Treaty claim with value of more than USD 6 billion filed by the minority shareholders of PJSC Ukrnafta, one of Ukraine’s largest oil and gas producers.
Volodymyr also acts as arbitrator or adjudicator in international disputes.
Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Ukraine)
Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich, European and German Law Summer Course
John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Poland) / Chicago-Kent College of Law (USA), School of American Law
- Listed as a key lawyer for International Arbitration. Legal 500 2024.
- Volodymyr Yaremko … draw strong praise this year from international sources who laud his “knowledge of the market, responsiveness and professionalism in difficult circumstances,” as well as his “creative problem solving”. Who’s Who Legal, Arbitration 2023 – Future Leaders – Non-Partners
- Recommended in Commercial Litigation as Global Leader by Who's Who Legal 2022
- Recognised among the notable practitioners in Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development, Restructuring and Insolvency by IFLR1000, 2021
- “I enjoy cooperation with Volodymyr Yaremko, who handles ICC arbitration matters. He is creative, fast and results focused.” The Legal 500, Ukraine, 2020
- Recognized among leading practitioners in Arbitration Powerlist 2020: CIS and Caucasus, The Legal 500