Kerri Webb is an associate in Mayer Brown's Washington DC office and a member of the Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice. Her practice focuses primarily on regulatory compliance and enforcement in the consumer financial services space. Kerri counsels clients on compliance with federal and state consumer financial protection laws, including the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Consumer Financial Protection Act, and the Community Reinvestment Act. She also assists clients with supervisory and enforcement matters before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Counseled clients on compliance with RESPA, particularly with regard to affiliated business arrangements and marketing services agreements.
- Advised clients on state licensing and other compliance requirements for complex and innovative financial services products and services, including mortgage, consumer lending, real estate brokerage, and debt collection products and services.
- Provided training and resources to clients on compliance with laws and guidance related to unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices.
- Conducted regulatory due diligence of compliance management programs in connection with acquisitions of, investments in, and purchases of financial services providers.
- Advised clients on Community Reinvestment Act compliance requirements.
- Assisted in representing a client before the CFPB in a matter involving advertising claims and FCRA compliance.
- Assisted a client in responding to a 1022 order from the CFPB.
- Assisted in representing clients in fair lending matters before HUD and state housing agencies.
- Assisted clients in responding to inquiries from HUD’s Mortgagee Review Board and Quality Assurance Division in connection with the origination and servicing of FHA-insured loans.
- Assisted in representing a client before the SEC in a matter involving financial reporting and controls.
- Assisted clients in responding to inquiries from FINRA related to reviews of trading activity.
McDaniel College, AB, summa cum laude
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, LLB, magna cum laude