Peter Parten is a senior associate in the Construction & Engineering practice of the London office. He has experience in drafting, and advising on, all aspects of domestic and international construction contracts for a wide-range of clients, including project sponsors, lenders, developers, consultants and contractors. Peter advises on the major domestic standard forms, particularly the JCT suite of contracts, and international standard forms, such as FIDIC, and has drafted and negotiated bespoke amendments to these. He has also prepared bespoke EPC contracts and has been involved in due diligence of the construction aspects of a number of high profile domestic real estate transactions.
Peter has also has experience of working on contentious construction matters and has advised on disputes concerning contractual termination, defective work and delay claims across a range of dispute resolution mechanisms.
Peter joined Mayer Brown in 2010 as a trainee and during his training contract, he spent six months on secondment to Thomson Reuters working alongside their in-house legal team.
- Drafting and advising in relation to the construction documentation for the fit out of tenant office space in the new building at 20 Fenchurch Street, London.
- Assisting a large UK developer with putting in place appointments and building contracts across multiple projects in London, including a significant development in Shoreditch
- Advising a leisure facilities owner on a suite of professional appointments for a potential new development in the UK.
- Drafting and negotiating appointments for the professional team for tenant amenity works at Pioneer Point, London.
- Drafting fit out works building contracts, including for a financial institution on Brompton Road, London and for pharmaceuticals company in Chester.
- Assisting cladding sub-contractor with tender stage responses on its sub-contract and associated documentation for a number of London-based projects.
- Advising a purchaser on the construction aspects of the acquisition of the “Walkie Talkie” building at 20 Fenchurch Street.
- Advising a purchaser on the underlying construction documentation relating to the £105m purchase of Old Spitalfields Market, London.
- Advising a purchaser on the underlying construction documentation relating to the £170m purchase of Centrium, 61 Aldwych, London.
- Advising a cement producer in Africa on a split onshore/offshore EPC contract for a $37.5m expansion of its cement grinding facility.
- Advising a Brazilian shipbuilder on an EPC subcontract portion for the supply of nine oil tankers with a contract price c.$90million per tanker.
- Advising lenders on the EPC contract and ancillary documents for Roxgold Inc.'s Yaramoko gold project in Burkina Faso ("Africa – Mining and Metals Deal of the Year 2015" IJGlobal Europe and Africa Awards).
- Assisting with the drafting of tender documents for mineral tenders and cement tenders for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum in Afghanistan, assisting with the negotiation of the relating mining agreements and cement contract, assisting with training and capacity building and advising on the suitability of the country’s mining laws.
- Reviewing and updating of a precedent EPC contract and drafting of a precedent set of FIDIC silver book amendments for a global supplier of mineral fertilizers.
- Advising a contractor in defending a professional negligence claim in respect of defective building services at a Manufacturing Facility and in passing this claim down to the building services subcontractor.
- Advising a contractor in a £10million professional negligence dispute with its processing engineer in relation to a defective waste processing facility in the United Kingdom.
- Advising a construction joint venture and its insurers on a £20m dispute with a road operator.
1 月 02 日2019 年
2019: the pipeline to a modern construction industryProperty Week
10 月 31 日2022 年
Kaplan Law School, LPC
College of Law, Guildford University of Surrey, GDL
University of York, MA
University of York, BA (Hons)