Co-leader of Real Estate
Real Estate, Real Estate Development & Construction, Corporate Real Estate Services
"Invaluable" Chris Harvey "is exceptional and we think he is the number one partner in London for overseas investors who are doing large and complicated deals. He brings real strength and confidence to our deals, so we know we are in the best, capable hands."
"Chris Harvey is a superstar. He has incredible drive and energy, is commercial and provides us with an excellent service."
Chris Harvey has extensive experience of acting for investors, funds, property companies, banks and developers in all kinds of investment, development and finance transactions. In particular, Chris has extensive experience of acting for Asian, US and European investors investing into the UK real estate market. He continues to be one of the most active lawyers in the London market in connection with large London investment and development transactions. He led on the UK's largest ever office transaction; the acquisition of the "Walkie Talkie" for £1.3 billion by LKK Health Products.
- Advising the LKK Health Products Group, a member of the Hong Kong-based food company Lee Kum Kee Group, on its acquisition and financing of the London skyscraper known as the “Walkie Talkie” for £1.2825 billion. This makes it the largest-ever office complex property transaction in the United Kingdom.
- Advising Generali Real Estate on the acquisition and financing of 160-162 Queen Victoria Street, London for approximately £464 million.
- Advising Wing Tai on the acquisition and financing of 30 Gresham Street, London for approximately £411 million.
- Advising Link REIT, Asia’s largest real estate investment trust, on its acquisition of 25 Cabot Square, London for £380 million.
- Advising Emperor International Holdings on the acquisition and financing of the Ampersand building in London for approximately £260 million.
- Advising a consortium led by Wing Tai on the acquisition and financing of 66 Shoe Lane, London for £255 million.
- Band 2 Real Estate "Chris Harvey is the head of real estate for the UK and Europe at Mayer Brown. He specialises in handling cross-border transactions for overseas clients looking to invest in the UK real estate market, particularly from Asia. He regularly advises on big-ticket deals concerning prime retail and office properties in London." "Chris Harvey is a superstar. He has incredible drive and energy, is commercial and provides us with an excellent service." "Chris is very knowledgeable and skilled, extremely efficient and great to work with. I cannot recommend him enough." Chambers UK
- Listed as a key lawyer for Property Finance and Hospitality & Leisure and as a Leading individual for Real Estate: Commercial Property. "Invaluable" Chris Harvey spearheads the firm’s UK and European real estate team and is the "go-to partner in the London market for Asian investors, who are looking to do substantial, complicated deals". "Chris Harvey is invaluable for us, as he has an incredible knowledge of the UK market and its main players." "The Mayer Brown team (led by Chris Harvey) are head and shoulders above the other large firms we have worked with. Chris Harvey is exceptional and we think he is the number one partner in London for overseas investors who are doing large and complicated deals. He brings real strength and confidence to our deals, so we know we are in the best, capable hands." Legal 500