Ryan H. Ferris
Corporate & Securities, Public Companies & Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions
Ryan Ferris is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions where he advises public and private companies and financial sponsors in a variety of transactions, including public company mergers, minority and majority investments and joint ventures. He also regularly counsels clients on governance, securities and other general corporate matters.
In 2023, Ryan was recognized as “Up-and-Coming” by Chambers USA and, prior to becoming partner, was recognized as an “Associate to Watch” by Chambers USA. According to Chambers USA 2021, Ryan is “responsive and very helpful in digging through the minutiae of transactions."
Ryan has represented clients in a wide variety of matters, including:
Public Company Transactions
- One Planet Group in its acquisition of AutoWeb, Inc.
- Cummins Inc. in its acquisition of Meritor, Inc.
- Luther King Capital Management in the sale of its Gexpro and TestEquity portfolio companies to Lawson Products, Inc. in exchange for Lawson common stock
- TriState Capital Holdings, Inc. in its cash and stock sale to Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Marlin Business Services Corp. in its sale to an affiliate of HPS
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, BA