Member of Management Committee
Construction & Engineering, International Arbitration, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
"Sally is a no-nonsense, pragmatic and sensible lawyer. She helps drive through hurdles on complex cases… she is flexible, accommodating and thorough in her preparation. Sally is an amazing leader of her team, and her experience and strategic thinking shine out."
Clients turn to Sally Davies for her extensive experience in the litigation, arbitration (domestic and international LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL), mediation, and adjudication of construction industry disputes.
Sally advises all stakeholders in the construction and infrastructure sectors on all aspects of construction and engineering law. She has helped resolve disputes for a wide array of clients, including airports, sports stadia, harbour facilities, nuclear facilities, waste water treatment plants, LNG plants, motorways, mines, roads, bridges, cranes and railways, dams, office facilities, distribution centres, water treatment facilities, as well as more traditional construction projects.
One of Sally’s most notable and successful cases, in which she defended chartered surveyors and valuers against claims of negligent valuation, proceeded to the House of Lords and is one of the leading cases on the law of damages. Clients trust and admire her considerable experience as well as her pragmatic and engaging approach to client management.
- A utility company in arbitration proceedings against a major rival water company for negligence and/or breach of contract in the design, supply and installation of tertiary treatment units at sewage works in England.
- A major US contractor in an international arbitration (ICC) with an Indian employer relating to the design and construction of an iron ore smelting plant in India; claim concerned the alleged failure of the plant to meet performance; contract was subject to Indian law.
- An EPC contractor in an LCIA arbitration against its piping and mechanical subcontractor relating to the delays and disruption to the construction of the South Hook LNG facility, the largest LNG re-gasification terminal in Europe and part of Qatargas 2 leading to a successful resolution for the client.
- A multi-national engineering consultancy in a LCIA arbitration commenced by the main contractor and relating to the design of the track fixings for the Docklands Light Railway in London.
- Multiple firms of Quantity Surveyors in adjudications and contemplated litigation and arbitration proceedings in relation to 3 major hotel projects in London. Claims total over £350 million.
- Insurers in disputes arising from the construction of a major UK sports stadium.
Highly regarded and consistently ranked as a key individual by the directories:
- Band 1: Construction. “Sally Davies co-leads the construction and engineering professional indemnity team at the firm. She offers a wealth of experience in contentious construction work, frequently representing clients in litigation and adjudication proceedings. She is adept at advising on claims for delays, as well as construction and design defects.” "She is flexible, accommodating and thorough in her preparation." "Sally is a no-nonsense, pragmatic and sensible lawyer. She helps drive through hurdles on complex cases." "She's a very astute and sharp lawyer." - Chambers UK
- Listed in the “Hall of Fame” and a key lawyer for Construction and Insurance. “Sally Davies is outstanding in her knowledge and tactical nous. James Morris is cut from the same stone.” Legal 500
- “Sally Davies leads the construction and engineering professional indemnity team at the firm. She offers a wealth of experience in contentious construction work, frequently representing clients in litigation and adjudication proceedings. She is adept at advising on claims for delays, as well as construction and design defects.” "Sally is a rock-solid senior partner with good commercial instincts." - Chambers UK
- Listed as a “Leading individual,” “key lawyer” and “name to note” for Professional Negligence and a “key lawyer” for Construction, “Sally Davies is an amazing leader of her team, and her experience and strategic thinking shine out.” Legal 500
- Listed as a “Leading individual” for Professional Negligence and as a “key lawyer” for Professional Negligence, Infrastructure and Construction “Sally Davies is, in my opinion, amazing. Because of her great personality, knowledge and fantastic advice, she commands huge respect from everyone.” Legal 500
- ユニバーシティ・カレッジ・ロンドン, LLB (Hons)
- The College of Law, London
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
- American Arbitration Association
- Society of Construction Law
- The Adjudication Society
- Technology & Construction Solicitors Association