Hannah Cartwright is a senior associate in the Construction and Engineering practice of the London office where her primary area of focus is contentious construction disputes. Her practice includes a wide range of dispute resolution, advising employers, contractors, consultants and insurers in relation to all forms of construction related disputes concerning defective works, final accounts, valuation and professional negligence. Hannah regularly advises on complicated technical disputes, including claims concerning defective design and workmanship, programming, delay, disruption and quantum which arise out of the major forms of construction and engineering contracts. She is an experienced litigator and has represented clients in complex multi-party litigation in the High Court (Technology and Construction and Commercial Courts), mediations, adjudications and arbitrations.
Hannah’s experience includes disputes involving a wide variety of projects, including waste management facilities, utilities, office facilities, university laboratories, wind farms, shipping ports, car parks, as well as traditional construction projects. She also has experience in commercial warranty claims and international sale and purchase agreement disputes.
In addition, Hannah also deals with complex insurance issues and regularly advises on professional indemnity cases.
She joined Mayer Brown in 2011 as a trainee and spend six months on secondment to Unilever PLC during her training contract where she was specifically tasked with drafting, negotiating and closing agreements with a number of suppliers and charitable institutions as well as drafting and negotiating terms of framework agreements. Hannah is a member of TeCSA and SCL.
- Advising a major UK contractor in relation to a teaching laboratory at a university in the North West. Dealing with numerous adjudications on various different issues that arose during the framework.
- Acting for an EPC contractor in High Court proceedings against its design team following structural defects at a waste to energy facility in Southern England.
- Representing a major UK contractor and its insurers in a recovery action relating to a defective design of the mechanical systems at a large waste facility in the South West through TCC proceedings.
- Representing the design and build contractor and its professional indemnity insurers on disputes relating to the design of a number of waste to energy facilities – part of the Manchester Waste PFI project.
- Acting for the main contractor and its professional indemnity insurers pursuing claims of over £100 million in relation to the defects at the Castlepoint retail development.
- Advising a large UK contractor on a dispute regarding pavement failure at a shipping port in the UK.
- Representing a design and build contractor in proceedings relating to a claim arising from the failure of an external cladding system in Glasgow.
ロンドン大学, BA Hons (History)
- Member of Society of Construction Law
- Key senior associate (Legal 500 2018).
- Quoted by Legal 500 2017 as a name to note.