“José Paulo Marzagão and Ludmila Braga are exceptional in the practice of real estate. Ludmila, in particular, is extremely attentive, responsive and creative in the solutions she proposes, always aiming at solutions that meet the needs of the business, without creating unnecessary obstacles.’, ‘I would like to highlight the excellent work carried out by lawyer Ludmila Braga. Throughout the process, she demonstrated remarkable knowledge in the disciplines of Real Estate and Capital Markets, clear and assertive communication, willingness and availability, in addition to commendable ability in interpersonal relationships, both with the client and with others.’ And ‘Ludmila Braga is a professional with full knowledge of the profile of our company, in addition to having absolute mastery of the topics she leads. Her determination and sense of urgency bring very positive results.”The Legal 500, ed. 2023
Ludmila Braga is a partner in the Real Estate Transactions and Investments practice of Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown, in the São Paulo Office. She has a broad-ranging practice which encompasses all aspects of transactional real estate, including diverse sectors. She provides advisory on business alternatives in Brazil, providing parties with the tools to pursue data-driven decision-making. Ludmila frequently represents institutional investors in real estate joint ventures, funds and real estate financing. Ludmila is involved in sustainable projects and innovative structures related to impact investing in the real estate market, both for private and public clients, usually involving interdisciplinary considerations.
In view of her experience with Asian companies, Ludmila was responsible for the development of the “Singapore Desk”, with the proposal of legal advice to companies from Singapore interested in investing in Brazil.
In this context, Ludmila received, in July 2017, a scholarship for the Summer Course of Tsinghua University, ' Financial Leaders of Tomorrow', which was taken together with students from different countries, including members of the Central Bank of Germany and Hungary. In addition, Ludmila is a member of the Latin America Chamber of Commerce in Singapore ('LatamCham').
Before joining Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown, Ludmila was a Real Estate senior associate at KLA (2011-2015). She was also an Real Estate associate at real estate practice in Lacaz Martins, Halembeck, Pereira Neto, Gurevich & Schoueri (2010-2011). Ludmila has been worked as a Corporate associate in Advocacia Ferreira Neto (Paris - 2010 and São Paulo 2008-2009), and also at Assis Gonçalves & Kloss Neto Advogados Associados (Curitiba/PR, 2004-2008).
- Due diligence on Technicae (military defence industry with headquarters in Brasília) and legal advisory to Singapore Technologies Kinetics in the acquisition of 90% of the capital in Technicae.
- Due diligence on Ticel (asphalt paving industry with headquarters in Rio Grande do Sul) and legal advisory to Singapore Technologies Kinetics in the acquisition of Ticel's assets.
- Legal advisory to Wilmar International in order to purchase a minority stake in São Martinho (sugarcane industry). Anti-trust legal advisory.
- Assisted CPPIB Credit Investments Inc. ("CII"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPPIB”), a foreign investor, in the structuring and implementation of a transaction involving the issuance of debentures by Cyrela Commercial Properties in the amount of BRL 300 MM. The transaction comprised the constitution of collaterals over Shopping Cidade São Paulo in favour of CII, the sole creditor of the debentures issued by Cyrela Commercial Properties. The transaction was executed based on the BACEN Resolution N. 4,373/2014 (investments made in Brazil by foreign investors), which has specific rules regarding the investment by the foreign investor in over-the-counter securities.
- Advised an independent investment management firm in the investment of app. BRL 142,000,000.00 MM related to the construction of a commercial building in São Paulo by a special purpose vehicle controlled by Odebrecht Realizações Imobiliárias. The investment will be provided by a real estate investment fund constituted for this deal, being the client the fund manager. At the conclusion of the construction works, the real estate investment fund managed by the client will own approximately 70% of the entire building.
- Assisted a joint venture, formed by an American Fund and a developer and construction company (formed by Vitacon Participações S.A and 7Bridges Brasil Empreendimentos e Participações SPE Ltda.) in several acquisitions in the city of São Paulo in order to build residential or mixed-use buildings.
- Advised on the real estate aspects of the sale of 90% of the shares of Transportadora Associada de Gás S.A. - TAG to Engie / Caisse de Depôt et Placement du Québec (CDPQ), with a final offer of USD 8.6 billion.
- Assisted Tishman Speyer Properties in the lease of 4 floors of the commercial tower designated Aqwa Corporate located at. Av. Oscar Niemeyer, in the City of Rio de Janeiro – RJ. The floors will be leased by ENEL for a 10-year term.
- Represented M3 Capital Partners and Evergreen Fundo de Investimento in the structuring of an investment, through different Special Purpose Companies, to invest in real estate assets to be developed as a residential rental project in the city of São Paulo. The residential for rental project is innovative in Brazil and considered to be a new real estate product in the country. Currently, the Firm is representing the Client on restructuring the joint venture agreement with the Brazilian partners.
- Assisted GIC in the acquisition of (i) certain commercial suites of the CEO Corporate Executive Offices Building, located in the city of Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, at Avenida João Cabral de Mello Neto, No. 850; and (ii) the stake owned by Fundação Petrobras de Seguridade Social – PETROS in the Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário Grand Plaza Shopping, which is owner of 98,60% of Shopping Grand Plaza, located in the city of Santo André, State of São Paulo.
- We assisted Goodman Group, the Australian property entity, signed a joint venture agreement with APG, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), First State Super and GIC for the development and acquisition of logistic assets in Brazil. The transaction comprised the purchase of the real estate developments by the Joint Venture located in Rio de Janeiro-RJ, Betim-MG, São Bernardo do Campo-SP and Itupeva-SP, as well as the investment in new real estate developments in the coming years, in a total investment target of USD 700 MM.
- Represented Vitacon in the negotiation of the lease agreements of a real estate property located in a prime location of São Paulo (Rua Oscar Freire), considering that one of the tenant is Renner S.A (the largest Brazilian retail chain of clothing, subject to a lease agreement of 15 years comprising a space for a street store and other 2 levels of office) and the other ongoing negotiation for the lease of the other part of the property is for WeWork (also for 15 years)
- Legal advisory to International Enterprise Singapore (the lead governmental commercial agency in Singapore) in the negotiation of the Memorandum of Understanding executed with São Paulo State Government in order to develop new businesses between Singapore and São Paulo.
- Due diligence on F2C (IT services company with headquarters in Rio de Janeiro) and legal advisory to Stone Apple (a Singaporean Information Technology services company) in the acquisition of a majority stake in F2C.
- Due diligence of the subsidiaries in Brazil of Shree Renuka Sugars (the world largest raw sugar producer) and legal advisory to Wilmar International in relation to a M&A transaction in India comprising the Brazilian SRS subsidiaries.
- Legal advisory to Sunningdale Tech (plastic company with headquarters in Singapore) to develop a new manufacture plant in Atibaia-SP, which comprised several phases of licensing and registration (environmental licenses, taxes, real estate, incorporation of companies, labour and IP rights).
- Legal advisory of Alpha Investment Partners (a Singapore based company part of Keppel Land group, one of Asia's premier property companies) to invest in a MaxCasa real estate development company (MaxCasa XXX Empreendimentos Imobiliários), followed by the purchase and land swap of a real estate property of 8,000 sqm in Panamby neighbourhood in the city of São Paulo. The property was acquired by MaxCasa XXX Empreendimentos Imobiliários to develop a residential building.
- Assistance to Global Logistic Properties on the lease of an app. total area of 90,000 sqm of the logistics facilities called “REC Guarulhos”, located in the city of Guarulhos, state of São Paulo, in a total amount of R$159,355,984.56. The lease agreements were executed with the pharmaceutical companies Sanofi-Aventis Farmacêutica Ltda. and Medley Farmacêutica Ltda. (5 years term), with the retail company Magazine Luiza S.A (7 years term), and warehouse and storage company Argos Outsourcing Solutions Ltda. (7 years term).
- Assistance to General Electric in structuring the transaction and the relevant agreements prior to the securitization of real estate receivables by Synergy Group (R$520 million).
- Assistance to Cabreúva Empreendimentos Imobiliários Ltda. (a special purpose company controlled by Barzel Empreendimentos Imobiliários, itself a new company formed by prior directors of Prologis CCP) in the purchase of 5 real estate properties located in the city of Cabreúva, São Paulo State, previously owned by Bravo Dois Empreendimentos Imobiliários (a special purpose company controlled by Matec Engenharia). Two of these properties were leased to Siemens and another property was leased to Alstom, while the other two properties will be used for the development of future logistics warehouses. The properties occupied by Siemens were offered in guarantee of a real estate backed security (CRI), which was based on the rent paid by Siemens, and thus the purchase of these properties was preceded by the negotiation of certain securitization agreements with Brazilian Securities.
2 月 09 日2022 年
7 月 20 日2020 年
ADIT Juris 2019Florianópolis-SC
Brazil Economic Outlook 2019Claritas, Principal Financial Group and Brazilian Embassy in Singapura
Securitization in BrazilFlexFunds
Tsinghua University, Financial Leaders of Tomorrow, Summer Course (full scolarship)
New York University, Adaptive Leadership and Business Development
University of São Paulo (USP), MBA, Real Estate - Sectoral Economy and Market
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Extension in Corporate Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), “Dealing with the United States: US Business Law in International Transactions”
Paris Dauphine University, Paris XVI, “Droit des Entreprises” – Droit des Enterprises (courses of Master 1 and 2)
ESA - Escola Superior de Advocacia, Environmental Law
Universidade Federal do Paraná - UFPR, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Brazil 2022 as Band 5 in Real Estate.
- "Ludmila Arruda Braga is a tremendous real estate lawyer, involved in domestic and international complex transactions." And "Ludmila has the outstanding ability to make complex matters seem simple to the client.". – Chambers Brazil, ed. 2022.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 2023 as Next Generation Partners in Real Estate.
- “José Paulo Marzagão and Ludmila Braga are exceptional in the practice of real estate. Ludmila, in particular, is extremely attentive, responsive and creative in the solutions she proposes, always aiming at solutions that meet the needs of the business, without creating unnecessary obstacles.’, ‘I would like to highlight the excellent work carried out by lawyer Ludmila Braga. Throughout the process, she demonstrated remarkable knowledge in the disciplines of Real Estate and Capital Markets, clear and assertive communication, willingness and availability, in addition to commendable ability in interpersonal relationships, both with the client and with others.’ And ‘Ludmila Braga is a professional with full knowledge of the profile of our company, in addition to having absolute mastery of the topics she leads. Her determination and sense of urgency bring very positive results.” – The Legal 500, ed. 2023.
- Recognized by Leaders League 2023 as Excellent in Real Estate.
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250 2023 in Real Estate.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 2021, 2020 and 2019.
- Recognized by The Latin Lawyer 250 2019.
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil Best Counsel 2018 as Excellent in Real Estate.
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil 2019 as Excellent in Real Estate.
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil 2020 as Excellent in Real Estate.
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil 2021 as Excellent in Real Estate.