James is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office, having joined Mayer Brown in 2019 as a trainee. James spent six months on secondment at a leading FTSE 100 company, working primarily to support its venture capital arm. He has advised on a wide range of private equity and private M&A transactions, with a focus on acting for private equity investors and their portfolio companies on both the buy and sell-side of matters.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Rydoo from Sodexo, a leading global SaaS solution for managing expense reports and business travel.
- Vitruvian Partners on its investment in Sykes Holiday Cottages, the UK’s leading independent holiday home provider.to fund the group’s fast-growing plans for further UK and International expansion.
- CBPE Capital in the acquisition of a majority stake in Perspective Financial Group Limited, a financial advisory aggregation business following approval from the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Vitruvian Partners, in its acquisition of AnyVan Group, an online booking platform that allows private and business customers to book a broad range of delivery services via their online marketplace.
- Marlin Equity Partners on majority investment in Silobreaker a leading provider of risk and threat intelligence solutions.
- Aurelius on its acquisition of McKesson UK in a corporate carve-out from the US healthcare company McKesson Corporation.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its growth investment in Learning Pool, a market-leading e-learning company.