James is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office, having joined Mayer Brown in 2019 as a trainee. James spent six months on secondment at a leading FTSE 100 company, working primarily to support its venture capital arm. He has advised on a wide range of private equity and private M&A transactions, with a focus on acting for private equity investors and their portfolio companies on both the buy and sell-side of matters.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its growth investment in Learning Pool, a market-leading e-learning company.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Linnworks, an ecommerce platform.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Silobreaker, a leading provider of risk and threat intelligence solutions.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Rydoo from Sodexo, a leading global SaaS solution for managing expense reports and business travel.
- Vitruvian Partners on its investment in Sykes Holiday Cottages, the UK’s leading independent holiday home provider to fund the group’s fast-growing plans for further UK and International expansion.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages on its acquisition of Forest Holidays, the UK's leading owner and operator of environmentally sensitive cabins.
- Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of the AnyVan Group, an online booking platform that allows private and business customers to book a broad range of delivery services via their online marketplace.
- CBPE Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in Perspective Financial Group Limited, a financial advisory aggregation business following approval from the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Aurelius on its acquisition of McKesson UK in a corporate carve-out from the US healthcare company McKesson Corporation.
- A Hong Kong based blockchain company on its Series A financing round.
- Pernod Ricard SA on its acquisition of The Whisky Exchange platform.
- Generac Holdings Inc on its acquisition of Deep Sea Electronics from Caledonia Investments.
- A US hedge fund and European asset manager on their acquisition of a circa €100 million development plot in Portugal (and associated joint venture arrangements).
- A social care provider on a joint venture with a UK private equity fund to acquire and develop a portfolio of specialist care homes across the UK.
- Chinachem Group on its acquisition of the Kaleidoscope office building in Farringdon, London.
- Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited in India, on its acquisition of Stoke Park Limited.
- A Japanese institutional investor on its acquisition of a 50% stake in a corporate vehicle holding a re-development asset in central London.