"Notable Practitioner"IFLR 1000 2022
Kirsten Schürmann is a counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. She advises on banking and finance, securitization and capital markets issues. She advises clients on national and international matters across a broad spectrum of asset based lending transactions, securitization (with a focus on German auto loan, consumer loan and trade receivables) transactions and supply chain finance.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2005 Kirsten was working with Dresdner Bank AG/Institutional Restructuring Unit (IRU) (2003–2005). Kirsten was seconded to the legal department of UBS Deutschland AG in 2007 and to the legal department of Deutsche Bank AG in 2017/2018.
- Advising DIC on the acquisition of three office properties from TPG Real Estate's “Technology Park portfolio" in Cologne.
- Frequently representing originators, arranger, underwriter and trustees in connection with the securitization of German consumer and auto loans as well as trade receivables.
- Acting as transaction counsel for the securitization of Santander Consumer Bank AG’s consumer loans (SC Germany Consumer 11-1 and 2013-1).
- Acting as transaction counsel for the development of Volkswagen Leasing GmbH’s German Master Trust Program VCL Master S.A. for the securitization of lease receivables and residual values.
- Acting as transaction counsel for Standard Chartered Bank, London as Arranger on the first German/Belgian consumer loan securitization of Credit Europe Bank N.V. (CEB Consumer Finance S.A., SIC Institutionnelle de droit belge).
- Frequently advising lenders on the financing of multi-jurisdiction asset-based lending transactions.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Hanau, Frankfurt am Main
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main
University of Frankfurt am Main
Inscription au Barreau
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Recognized by The Best LawyersTM in Germany 2022 for Banking and Finance Law
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2022
- "Notable Practitioner" for Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2021
- "Notable Practitioner" in the area of Structured Finance – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Notable Practitioner" in the area of Capital Markets – IFLR 1000 2020
- "Notable practitioner" for Capital Markets - Structured finance and securitisation – IFLR 1000 2019