Matthias Jannausch advises clients on all aspects of German and European antitrust and competition law, with a focus on complex merger control proceedings and antitrust investigations before German and European competition authorities and courts. He also assists clients in setting up and implementing compliance programs and conducting internal investigations, with a focus on antitrust, white collar crime, and novel compliance matters (including supply chain due diligence). Matthias also advises in the areas of foreign direct investment (FDI) and foreign subsidies (FSR).
Clients served by Matthias include major multinationals, in particular from the chemicals, automotive, construction, and metals industries.
- Senator International Group, a globally active logistics and freight forwarding company, and its shareholders in relation to various merger control proceedings concerning the acquisition of Senator by A.P. Moller – Maersk
- Avedon on the acquisition of a shareholding in FormMed HealthCare AG
- BENTELER Group on the sale of its hot rolling mill in Shreveport, Louisiana, USA, by way of share deal to Tenaris
- DBAG on its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers
- Generali in merger control proceedings concerning its co-investment transaction and JV interest in One Fen Court
- Lear Corporation on its acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive's Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit
- Aurubis in a complex phase 2 EU merger control investigation in relation to the acquisition of Metallo Group*
- LKQ in the EU merger proceeding and the subsequent national referral proceeding in relation to the acquisition of Stahlgruber*
(*At previous law firm)
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court of Cologne
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court of Cologne
First State Law Examination, University of Cologne
Inscription au Barreau
- Düsseldorf, Germany