Teresa Gerhold-Kempf helps clients with questions concerning all aspects of German and European antitrust and competition law, including complex merger control proceedings and antitrust investigations before German and European authorities, as well as foreign direct investment control proceedings.
Clients further turn to Teresa for here experience in ESG-related compliance issues. She supports clients in several matters on implementing complex supply chain due diligence laws within their compliance system.
She acts for a wide range of clients, including from the automotive and the chemical industry. Teresa is particularly valued for her international experience, which she extends by spending significant time in Mayer Brown’s London office, where she is currently on secondment.
- Regularly advising on EU, German and multijurisdictional merger control proceedings
- Regularly advising on implementation of complex supply chain due diligence laws and ESG-related compliance issues
- Advised Hydro in merger control proceedings in connection with the acquisition of Hueck group and its building systems and extrusions business.
- Advised Lange-HANSA-Holding and ULM Management in merger control proceedings on the sale of HANSA-HEEMANN to Refresco.
- Advised Aurubis in a complex phase 2 EU merger proceeding in relation to the acquisition of Metallo Group.*
- Advised HOERBIGER in connection with the acquisition of JOHNSON MATTHEY Piezo Products GmbH.
- Advised DBAG in connection with its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers
*at previous firm
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf
King's College London, Mater of Laws (LLM)
First State Law Examination, University of Heidelberg
Inscription au Barreau
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers (“Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht”)