"Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&AJUVE Handbook 2019/2020
Carsten Flaßhoff is a Corporate partner in Mayer Brown´s Düsseldorf office. He is an experienced transaction lawyer and advises on corporate acquisitions, private equity transactions and on joint venture projects in Germany and abroad. Furthermore, he advises on merger law and other areas of corporate law as well as on restructurings. Also, he is the head of the German automotive group.
Carsten´s clients include national and international companies, private equity investors and financial institutions. He has experience in various areas and industries, including the engineering, automotive supplier, chemical, steel, aluminum, and finance industry.
- Advising Dow on its investment in the LNG Terminal company Hanseatic Energy Hub.
- Advising DIC on the acquisition of three office properties from TPG Real Estate's “Technology Park portfolio" in Cologne.
- Advised INDUS Holding AG on the sale of WIESAUPLAST Group.
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation (Mitsubishi) and Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) on the purchase of a 30% interest in HERE Technologies, a provider of mapping and location data, navigation software and related services.
- Advised Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers AG on the acquisition of Bankhaus Lampe KG from the Oetker Group.
- Advised DIC Asset AG on the acquisition of the "SAP Tower" in Eschborn.
- Advised BENTELER on the sale of its Distribution division.
Advised Knorr-Bremse on the sale of its rack and pinion business to an automotive supplier.
- Advised Avedon Capital in the acquisition of Spindel- und Lagerungstechnik Fraureuth GmbH, a German specialized ball bearings and spindle manufacturer; the sellers, four individual founders, remain invested with a majority stake.
- Advised Med 360° AG, the largest German health care service provider in the sector of, besides others, radiology in the sale of the majority of shares in the company by a number of shareholders to Sana Kliniken and Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Seebach group, the Germany-based provider of metallic filtration solutions, to John Crane, a division of UK-based Smiths Group plc.
- Advised Intermarine, L.L.C. in connection with a joint venture with Zeamarine GmbH.
- Advised BENTELER on the acquisition of two WILCO Wilken Lasertechnik sites.
- Advised BENTELER on sale of shares in SGL.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group on the acquisition of all shares in Smaato Holding AG.
- Advised TUI Ventures on acquisition of shares of peakwork AG.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Tesch Inkasso Group to Lowell GFKL Group.
- Advised Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of tedrive Steering Systems GmbH.
- Advised Tesch Group on the acquisition of mediafinanz AG.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of GRW Bearing GmbH to US aerospace and industrial distribution company Kaman Corporation.
- Advised Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of rail transport division of TMD Friction.
- Advised the Belgian CMI Group on various M&A transactions and general corporate matters.
- Advised Depfa Bank plc., a subsidiary of Hypo Real Estate Holding AG, in the transfer of risk positions and non-strategic business areas to FMS Wertmanagement AöR.
- Advised the German Special Financial Market Stabilization Fund (Sonderfonds Finanzmarktstabilisierung/SoFFin) in connection with stabilization measures for WestLB including the formation of the first German bad bank.
- Advised Azkoyen S.A. on the acquisition of a majority stake in primion Technology AG.
- Advised Caterpillar Inc. on the acquisition of the Mannheim engine builder MWM Holding GmbH.
- Advised a private equity investor with regard to the partial restructuring of a bank.
- Advised Forum Partners (UK) LLP on the formation of a joint venture with a local partner to create a joint investment platform.
- Advised Navteq Corporation, a company of the Nokia Group, on the acquisition of T-Traffic GmbH from T-Systems.
- Advised NIBC Capital Partners on the acquisition of Gebr. Reinfurt GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised dahm AG on the sale of Fliegel Data GmbH and herbert dahm Datensysteme GmbH to CompuGroup.
- Advised JER Real Estate Advisors (UK) LLP on the acquisition of the Marriott Hotel in Munich.
- Advised Norsk Hydro on the sale of Norsk Hydro Magnesium Gesellschaft mbH in Bottrop, Germany and Hydro Magnesium Xi’an Co. Ltd. in Xi’an, China.
LLM, Tulane University Law School, USA
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Munich
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Landshut, Munich and Leipzig
First State Law Examination, Munich
Universities of Trier and Munich
Inscription au Barreau
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Member of the board of the Germany-American Lawyers' Association (DAJV)
- "often recommended" for M&A – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- "often recommended" for M&A – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&A – JUVE Handbook 2019/2020
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A – Legal 500 Germany 2019
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&A – JUVE Handbook 2018/2019
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A – Legal 500 Germany 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&A – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "very pragmatic, excellent cooperation" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018