Alternative finance continues to drive significant engagement with the investment community, but also raises many questions about what the future holds for fintech, blockchain and crowdfunding. Join the Practising Law Institute (PLI) as they host a conference to hear from leading industry lawyers, dealmakers, and regulators on what is happening now and what is to come.
Join the morning panel, “Getting Back to Work After COVID-19: Securities Offering and Private Placement Developments,” where Mayer Brown partner, Anna Pinedo, will discuss:
- The impact on COVID-19 on offerings and placements
- COVID-19 Aid and Lending Program aftermath
- Abandoned IPOs, late-stage capital-raising and integration
- SEC guidance on SPACs
- SEC rule changes regarding integration – farewell five factor test
- IPO through SPAC or direct listing – differences from traditional IPOs
- Possible additional legislative and regulatory developments
For more information, including instructions on how to register, see the event website.