We presented our third webinar in our Banking & Financial Services Litigation webinar series.
This panel discussed special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), including:
An overview of the SPAC market and the SPAC and de-SPAC transaction structure
- The use of forecasts in connection with marketing the de-SPAC PIPE transaction
- The availability of the PSLRA for public companies, like SPACs; comparison to IPOs; and recent SEC Staff statements
- Cautionary language and diligence with respect to forecasts
- Conflicts of interest in the context of SPAC transactions: SPAC board duties, diligence obligations, SEC Staff comments
- Bringing claims for breach of fiduciary duty
- Securities disclosure cases and proxy (14A) versus prospectus (S-4) standards
- PIPE-related claims
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.