Mayer Brown partners Barbara Goodstein and Jeff Taft will participate in a panel on “The House, the Senate and the Oval: A Legal and Regulatory Outlook for Equipment Leasing” at IMN’s Virtual Investors' Conference on Equipment Finance on March 11, 2021. Topics to be discussed during this session include:
- With a majority Democratic caucus, what anticipated affect will this have at both Federal and State levels as it pertains to the Equipment Finance market?
- With states approaching regulation differently, would a more centralized Federal approach help, or hinder the current market environment?
- Lease Accounting Standards and Regulation, Tax Reform, Dodd-Frank, and the LIBOR Transition; What are the major legal and regulatory challenges facing the Equipment market right now and in the immediate future?
- What impact will new consumer protection, rate disclosure, and bankruptcy legislation have on transaction pricing and deal appetite?
- Who benefits from these emerging regulations: Independent or Bank-Owned equipment finance companies?
Mayer Brown is a sponsor of this conference, which focuses on educating investors and equipment finance companies about the latest industry developments in the midst of Covid-19 and provides updates on how sectors are responding and recovering.
For more information, please visit the conference website.