Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Charlotte Tarr advises a wide range of financial institutions, insurers, private funds, corporates and private clients on both the transactional aspects of UK financial services regulation and contentious matters. She has experience advising on domestic and cross-border transactions and matters involving Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority regulation surrounding financial and non-financial misconduct issues, private fund fundraising and marketing issues, as well as solvency and capital requirement regulations.
- Advised Epiris Fund III in the acquisition of Pure Cremation Limited, the leading provider of prepaid funeral plans in the UK, on a complex area only recently regulated by the FCA.
- Acts for numerous private funds on the coordination and completion of various multijurisdictional AIF filings.
- Assists with the management and compilation of a monthly global financial services enforcement report, used by large international banking clients.
- Advises on various aspects of employment regulation matters, including regulations under the Senior Managers and Certification regime, Code of Conduct and Fit and Proper requirements.
- Advises and assists on the completion of multiple regulatory due diligence reports for private equity firms and corporates.
- Criminal Magistrate (2019–2022)
- Finalist in the City of London Solicitors' Company Prize - 2022
- Oxford University, BA
- University of Law, LPC
- England and Wales