'Rising Star' Kitty Swanson ‘is great from a tax perspective and happy to explain points or jump on calls with the client which is very helpful on complex deals.‘Legal 500 2021
Kitty Swanson is counsel in the Tax practice of the London office. She joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2011 and spent six months on secondment to Aon UK Limited during her training contract.
Kitty has advised on the tax aspects of a wide range of domestic and cross-border matters and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, fund structuring, domestic and international reorganisations, real estate transactions, employment-related matters, banking and structured finance, and insurance matters.
Kitty is an International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Advised Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
Chartered Institute of Taxation, Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (with distinction)
Nottingham Law School , LLB
Kaplan Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Cambridge, MA (Modern & Medieval Languages - French & Italian)
- England and Wales
- International Tax Affiliate, Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Member, Share Plan Lawyers.
- Listed as a 'Rising Star' for Corporate Tax and a 'key lawyer' for Employee Share Schemes and Corporate Tax. ‘Kitty Swanson is great from a tax perspective and happy to explain points or jump on calls with the client which is very helpful on complex deals.‘ - Legal 500 2021.
- Listed as a 'key lawyer' for Corporate Tax and Employee Share Schemes - Legal 500 2020.
- Kitty was awarded the Chartered Institute of Taxation’s “Raymond Kelly Medal” for achieving the highest mark in Paper 2, Advanced International Taxation (Jurisdiction): United Kingdom option of the June 2015 Advanced Diploma in International Tax examinations.