Legal 500 2023 Next Generation Partner
‘Kitty Swanson – exceptional technical knowledge.’
... knowledgeable, responsive, commercially minded ...'
Kitty Swanson is a partner in the Tax practice of the London office. She joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2011 and qualified into the Tax practice in 2013, having spent six months on secondment to Aon UK Limited during her training contract.
Kitty advises on the tax aspects of a wide range of domestic and cross-border matters and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, fund and investment structuring, domestic and international reorganisations, real estate transactions, employment-related matters, banking and structured finance, insurance matters and supply chain structuring. She has experience across an extensive range of industry sectors, including financial services, technology, entertainment, energy, real estate and retail.
Kitty is an International Tax Affiliate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Áreas de Enfoque
- Advised Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
Spring Budget 2023—key announcement guidesLexisNexis UK
Chartered Institute of Taxation, Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (with distinction)
Nottingham Law School, LLB
Kaplan Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
Kaplan Law School, LPC
University of Cambridge, MA (Modern & Medieval Languages - French & Italian)
- England and Wales
- International Tax Affiliate, Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Member, Share Plan Lawyers.
- Listed as a Next Generation Partner and key lawyer for Corporate Tax and as a key lawyer for VAT and Indirect Tax, ‘Kitty Swanson – exceptional technical knowledge.’ ‘I have worked on cross-border deals with James Hill and Kitty Swanson and they are knowledgeable, responsive, commercially minded – James in particular is an extremely calm presence during high-stress times. They also fill me with confidence in their ability to tackle any issue and they have good international reach.’ - Legal 500 2023.
- Listed as a Rising star and key lawyer for Corporate Tax - Legal 500 2022.
- Listed as a Rising star for Corporate Tax and a key lawyer for Employee Share Schemes and Corporate Tax. ‘Kitty Swanson is great from a tax perspective and happy to explain points or jump on calls with the client which is very helpful on complex deals.‘ - Legal 500 2021.
- Listed as a key lawyer for Corporate Tax and Employee Share Schemes - Legal 500 2020.
- Kitty was awarded the Chartered Institute of Taxation’s “Raymond Kelly Medal” for achieving the highest mark in Paper 2, Advanced International Taxation (Jurisdiction): United Kingdom option of the June 2015 Advanced Diploma in International Tax examinations.