Kaleb Sanchez is counsel in the Banking & Finance practice of Mayer Brown's New York office. His practice focuses on structured finance and commercial lending transactions. Kaleb has extensive experience representing financial institutions, including commercial and investment banks, monoline insurers, and leasing and finance companies, in a broad range of complex finance transactions, including US and non-US lending, securitizations, lease finance and other commercial finance transactions, and in workouts and restructurings. Kaleb also has experience in the area of project finance, having worked on various transactions involving mining and energy projects.
Áreas de Enfoque
- Represented the financial guarantors in a whole business securitization of a Fortune 500 media company.
- Represented the financial guarantor in the restructuring, workout and commutation of a film securitization financing facility.
- Represented U.S. and foreign investors in the restructuring of a convertible note facility issued by an independent oil and gas company, engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas, with principal operations in Kazakhstan.
- Represented the agents and a consortium of U.S. and foreign banks in the structuring, extension and restructuring of a secured credit facility for an independent aircraft engine leasing company.
- Represented the agents and a consortium of U.S. and Canadian banks in the structuring, extension and restructuring of a secured credit facility for a technology leasing firm.
- Represented commercial and investment banks in various other secured and unsecured credit facilities.
- Represented the seller, a Netherlands power and automation technologies company, in the sale of its majority interest in a combined cycle co-generation power plant located in Brazil.
- Represented U.S. and foreign investors (including Japanese and German government financial institutions) in the expansion and financing of a copper mine located in Peru.
- Represented U.S. and foreign lenders and facility agents in the DIP financing and restructuring of a natural gas-fired electric generating facility located in California.
- Represented U.S. and foreign lenders and facility agents in the DIP financing and restructuring of a natural gas-fired, combined cycle, electric generating facility located in Connecticut.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in the inter-company merger among several of its subsidiaries.
- Represented a Fortune 100 insurance company in the public offering of hybrid securities.
- Represented a Fortune 100 insurance company in the development of its medium term notes program and the issuance of medium term notes.
The George Washington University Law School, JD
Editor, The George Washington Law Review
The City University of New York, BA, magna cum laude
- Nueva York