Leader of London Construction & Engineering
Michael D. Regan
Construction & Engineering, International Arbitration, Insurance
Michael Regan is recognised as one of the world's leading construction and engineering lawyers. He is the only lawyer in the UK with three Band 1 Chambers rankings in: construction international arbitration, construction suppliers, and construction professional negligence.
Selected International Arbitrations
- Major Maritime Project: Advising on a number of ICC arbitrations in connection with the design and construction of a major maritime project in Central America.
- Nuclear facility (LCIA): Represented insurers of an international contractor in an arbitration against the Ministry of Defence concerning the design and construction of a nuclear facility for the maintenance of the UK’s nuclear submarine fleet in Scotland.
- Greek energy project (LCIA): Represented the supplier and contractor in an LCIA arbitration against the employer concerning disputes arising out of an energy project for the Greek Public Power Corporation.
- Water desalination project, North Africa (LCIA): Represented an international contractor in an arbitration brought by an employer concerning defects in the design and construction of a water desalination facility in Algiers.
Consistently recommended as a leading individual by the legal directories
- Band 2: Construction. Michael Regan is head of the firm's construction and engineering group in London. He is a construction disputes specialist with an excellent reputation for his handling of both domestic litigation and international arbitrations. He regularly acts for contractors, developers and insurers on claims involving energy projects, social infrastructure and significant commercial developments. "Michael is so easy to work with and so understanding. He is extremely experienced, calm and commercially aware."
Band 2:Professional Negligence. Michael Regan has a strong reputation for complex and multi-jurisdictional professional negligence claims in the construction sector. He has a wealth of experience acting for construction professionals and their insurers.
Band 3: International Arbitration. Michael Regan is head of the firm's construction and engineering group in London. He is a construction disputes specialist with an excellent reputation for his handling of both domestic litigation and international arbitrations. He regularly acts for contractors, developers and insurers on claims involving energy projects, social infrastructure and significant commercial developments. Chambers UK
- Listed in the Hall of Fame for Construction: Contentious and Professional Negligence. Michael Regan is "a respected authority in arbitrations involving large-scale infrastructure projects" He "combines a razor sharp intellect with a commercial awareness in the field of construction insurance that is second to none; his relaxed and friendly approach is reflected in his colleagues, who are a pleasure to work with." Legal 500
- University of Oxford, Pembroke College
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Society of Construction Law
- 2014 Society of Construction Law Hudson prize winner
- Former working member of the Turnkey Heavy Plant Subcommittee of Committee T of the IBA