Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Public Companies & Corporate Governance
Camila Panama is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Corporate & Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Camila’s practice focuses on advising clients on public and private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, carve-outs and other significant transactions. She also advises boards of directors and special committees on activist defense and a full range of corporate governance matters. Camila is a member of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) Global Advisory Board. She is also a member of the firm’s Latinx Group and New York Women’s Forum.
Camila’s notable representations have included:
- Chevron in its $13 billion acquisition of Noble Energy
- Resolute Forest Products in its $2.7 billion sale to The Paper Excellence Group through the Group’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Domtar Corporation
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Special Committee of QAD in its $2 billion sale to Thoma Bravo
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD
- Yale University, BA, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Nueva York