Leader of Paris Office Corporate & Securities
Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Financial Services M&A
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Guillaume Kuperfils is the office practice leader of the Paris Corporate & Securities department. Guillaume also co-leads Mayer Brown’s global Private Equity industry group. He previously served on Mayer Brown's Partnership Board.
He focuses his practice on mergers & acquisitions and private equity. Guillaume regularly represents international firms and private equity funds in their acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures and governance issues, frequently with a cross-border dimension. He has particular experience advising private equity sponsors on their acquisition of stakes in listed companies (P to P’s, Pipes).
Recent or pending deals in which Guillaume Kuperfils was involved include:
- Advised Qualium Investissement on the acquisition of Parella, a corporate real estate consulting company (2018).
- Advised Qualium Investissement on its investment in New Immo Group, a real estate digital network company (2018).
- Advised Bridgepoint Development Capital on the sale of Actéon, a designer and manufacturer of high-technology equipment and consumables for the dental industry (2018).
- Advised Motion Equity Partners on the acquisition of Holweg Weber Group, world leader in the manufacturer of high tech machines for the production of flat and satchel paper bags (2018).
- Advised ICG on the acquisition of Sogal, a manufacturer of cupboards' fronts and dressing room design (2018).
Continually recommended by the legal directories as a Leading Individual :
- “Guillaume Kuperfils displays a solid practice acting for a client roster of asset management companies and private equity firms. He is experienced in disposals, acquisitions and investments”. Chambers Europe
- IFLR 1000 has recognized Guillaume Kuperfils as “Highly regarded” in M&A and Private Equity in France
- Clients say Guillaume Kuperfils is "a very well-known name in the French market so he is very helpful to have on transactions," before going on to praise his commercial awareness, noting: "He isn't afraid to tell you when he thinks you are in the right or in the wrong." He assists private equity firms with LBO transactions. Chambers Europe
- The 2020 IFLR 1000 issue, a guide to the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms, has recognized Guillaume Kuperfils as “Highly regarded” in Investment funds, M&A and Private equity in France.
- HEC School of Management, MBA
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, DEA de droit privé