Youmi Kim is an associate in Mayer Brown's New York office and a member of the Restructuring practice. She has assisted various types of clients, which include debtors, secured lenders, debtor-in-possession financiers, lessors, landlords, and other interested parties, in a wide range of in-court and out-of-court restructurings.
Her recent representations include:
- A major international bank, as administrative agent under a syndicated secured loan facility, in connection with the prearranged chapter 11 cases of Salem Harbor Power Development LP and certain of its affiliates, owner of a gas-fired power plant in Massachusetts.
- A major international financial institution, a major US bank and a regional financial institution, each as administrative agent, under three separate syndicated credit facilities under which FirstEnergy Corp. and certain of its operating affiliates were borrowers and/or guarantors. We subsequently advised two major international financial institutions and a major US bank, as joint lead arrangers and administrative agents, in connection with six separate new credit facilities in the aggregate amount of $4.5 billion that replaced and refinanced the existing credit facilities.
- An ad hoc steering group of senior lenders in connection with a comprehensive out-of-court restructuring of Sandy Creek Energy Associates, L.P., a unit coal-fired power generating plant, which included equitization of approximately $1 billion of secured debt.
- A major international financial institution, as agent and bilateral letter of credit issuer, in connection with the multi-jurisdictional chapter 11 cases of Weatherford International plc and certain of its affiliates, with respect to a rolled-up prepetition and new money post-petition cash collateralized letter of credit facility. This restructuring was awarded “Energy Restructuring of the Year (Large)” at Global M&A Network’s 2020 Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards.
- A landlord in connection with negotiation of its retail lease and related claim resolution process in the chapter 11 case of the luxury retailer Barneys.
- An equipment finance lessor in connection with equipment lease assumption and claims resolution issues arising out of the Westinghouse chapter 11 proceedings.
- A major international bank in connection with the workout and potential insolvency proceedings related to the financing of a Brazilian oil field business.
Harvard Law School, JD
Yonsei University, BA
- Nueva York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York