Glenn G. Kunkes
Banking & Finance
A broad range of financial institutions turn to Glenn Kunkes for representation in the structuring and negotiation of an extensive variety of structured finance asset products. With billions of dollars of structured finance experience, Glenn regularly counsels asset managers in broadly syndicated collateral loan obligation (CLO) transactions as well as domestic and international banks in “bank-funded” CLOs and other related middle market lending facilities serviced by market-leading asset managers. He also advises underwriters, sponsors, insurance companies and other finance companies in warehouses and securitizations involving consumer loans; buy now, pay later loans; student loans (both FFELP and private); and solar loans.
- An international bank, as underwriter, in connection with the inaugural securitization program of a leading lender of interest-bearing and non-interest bearing buy now, pay later loans.
- An international bank, as co-sponsor and lead underwriter, in connection with the securitization of unsecured consumer loans involving multiple contributors selling loans into the securitization.
- An international bank, as underwriter, in the securitization of private student loans that included in-school student loans (including multiple disbursement student loans) and refinanced student loans.
- A domestic asset manager in an EU/UK Risk Retention compliant broadly syndicated CLO, including with respect to the related risk retention financing facility.
- An international bank, as administrative agent, in a “bank-funded” CLO to finance the acquisition of middle market commercial loans as part of a prominent asset manager’s investment program, which has an aggregate commitment of $2,045,000,000 and includes 13 lenders as part of the syndicate.
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD
- Washington University, AB, summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina