Nishrin A. Hussain
Corporate & Securities, India, Corporate Trust & Agency
Nishrin Hussain advises corporate trustees on a wide variety of debt capital markets, structured finance and securitization transactions. She is well known to the corporate trust teams of all major service providers in Asia and has served almost all corporate trustees with a presence in Asia for more than 15 years, spanning geographies from PRC to Japan to Australia to India.
Nishrin previously worked in the Hong Kong office of another leading global law firm and in the in-house legal and compliance department of a leading MNC in Singapore.
- Advised leading corporate trust providers on numerous new issuances of debt securities – plain vanilla, convertibles, exchangeable bonds, secured offerings, medium term note programs and SEC shelf establishments and takedowns
- Advised leading corporate trust providers on post-closing compliance and liability management exercises – discretionary amendments, holder consents, program updates and amendments, and exchange and tender offers
- Advised leading corporate trust providers on a variety of default management exercises such as winding-up, enforcement of collateral and guarantee, cross-border schemes of arrangement and insolvency proceedings in multiple jurisdictions
- Winner of FinanceAsia's "Megatrend Deal of the Year (ESG)"
- Winner of FinanceAsia's "Best of South East Asia Achievement Awards"
- Recognised as "Debt Capital Market Deal of the Year" by the IFLR1000 India Awards
- Pro Bono award – Asia Legal Awards 2019; Mayer Brown Project of the Year 2019 for helping refugees obtain employment permission from the Immigration Department in Hong Kong
- Mayer Brown pro bono award for the Project of the Year 2020 – developed a street law curriculum for HK Unison's scholarship recipients
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai, LLB
- St. Xavier’s College, University of Mumbai, BA
Psychology and Sociology
- Hong Kong