Mitchell D. Holzrichter
Projects & Infrastructure
Mitch Holzrichter serves clients in complex public infrastructure transactions, including owners, sponsors, investors, contractors, and lenders. His work includes revenue-risk concession agreements, availability payment projects and design-build agreements across a variety of asset types, as well as equity investments, financings, and acquisitions.
- Investors in the lease and development of new Terminal 6 at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, a $3.9 billion project for which the financing was named Deal of the Year for the Northeast Region by Bond Buyer and best Transport (Airport) Deal in North America by IJ Global.
- The government of Puerto Rico on the long-term lease of the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport in San Juan, the first such lease of a major US airport, which was named P3 Deal of the Year by Project Finance International.
- Texas Department of Transportation on the SH 288 toll lanes project near Houston, a revenue-risk concession deal with a construction value of $800 million, which was the first transaction of its type to offer a concession payment to the owner.
- The developer of the East End Crossing bridge project near Louisville, which was named Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer and Transport Deal of the Year by Project Finance International, and subsequently represented the developer on a refinancing of the project debt.
- Ranked by Chambers USA.
- "Commercial and creative" approach to transactions and "an extremely talented and pragmatic lawyer who has a strong commercial sense."- Chambers USA
- Rising Star for transportation law for his prominent role in "crafting financing deals for several high-profile infrastructure projects." – Law360
- Next Generation Partner in government relations by Legal 500.
- Recognized in the construction law rankings for his work on complex infrastructure projects.
- Emerging Leader of the Year by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association.
- Edgar Fellow by the University of Illinois's Institute of Government and Public Affairs.
- "Deals of the year" by The Bond Buyer, Project Finance International and the P3 Bulletin awards.
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
- Northwestern University, BA, with department honors
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- Served for two years in senior positions in the Office of the Governor of Illinois.
- Served as a member of the Illinois State Board of Education, which oversees public education in Illinois.