Co-leader of Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Reginald R. Goeke
Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Commercial Litigation
Reginald Goeke is a co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation practices. He is a skilled trial lawyer who represents national and multinational corporations in a variety of industries, with an emphasis on the financial services industry. He has tried cases to judgment in jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations. He also represents clients before federal regulatory agencies, including the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the US Department of Justice, HUD, the CFPB, the US Department of Labor, and the International Trade Commission.
- Represented large domestic bank and a multinational bank in more than a dozen securities fraud and contract breach actions regarding the banks' issuances of RMBS securitizations. The matters resulted in very favorable settlements.
- Represented global financial company in six-month internal investigation, and before the SEC, the DOL, and other global regulators concerning securities and ERISA claims arising from an error in its computerized trading model.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in securities, ERISA, and derivative actions, and in related internal investigation arising from disappointing results in clinical trial.
- Represented one of largest defense contractors in defending ERISA class action allegations related to fees charged and other fiduciary breach claims under ERISA plans.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
Senior Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- University of Michigan, BA, summa cum laude
- Nueva York
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the Western District of New York