Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Global Investigations & White Collar Defense
Edouard Gergondet advises and represents French and global companies on compliance-related matters including, sanctions, export controls, anti-bribery, corruption, anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, duty of care, and business ethics.
He helps clients prevent, detect and remediate complex, cross-border and cross-sectoral compliance issues, including by advising on risk assessments, due diligences, transactional matters and contract reviews, as well as establishing, implementing, monitoring, and improving internal compliance programs. Edouard also performs compliance audits, assists with escalation or whistleblowing mechanisms and conducts internal investigations. If incidents are suspected or arise, Edouard helps clients proactively prepare for and respond to controls, actions or investigations that may be initiated by regulators and represents clients in private litigation in which compliance-related allegations are made.
Edouard is a regular contributor to various compliance publications, client newsletters, bulletins, legal updates, and reviews.
Clients served by Edouard are part of the industrial, financial, defense, technology, chemical, pharmaceutical, luxury and retail sectors.
- Representing and obtaining sanctions clearances for a global chemical group before national competent authorities in multiple Member States
- Performing a gap assessment and recommending improvements to the economic sanctions procedures of a global pharmaceutical company
- Advice to industrial, defense and new technology exporters on EU export control compliance requirements, including licensing processes and post-M&A integrations
- Advising a leading luxury group on the drafting and negotiation of compliance contractual clauses with counterparties worldwide
- In-depth sanctions and export controls trainings for compliance executives of major industrial groups
- Performing compliance due diligences to identify bribery, money laundering and sanctions risks in relation to real estate transactions carried out by a leading retail group
- Handling an internal investigation regarding fraud allegations spanning multiple jurisdictions and advising on related mitigating measures for a technology company
- Nancy University, Magistère/Master II, International and European Business Law – Summa cum laude Thesis: Private enforcement in EU competition law
- University of Cambridge, LLM, First Class Honors
- Brussels Bar (Ordre français des avocats du barreau de Bruxelles)
- Paris (registered on the Directive 98/5/EC list)