Tax, Tax Transactions & Planning
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Nicolas Danan is a partner in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
Nicolas' practice focuses on private equity, M&A and financings, especially structuring of cross-border M&A transactions, including real estate transactions, as well as providing day-to-day tax assistance to companies. He also advises individuals on patrimonial tax management including the setting up of management packages in private equity transactions.
Recent or pending deals in which Nicolas Danan was involved include:
- Advising Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
- Advised the management of Delachaux SA, a French leading company in rail infrastructure equipment and diversified industries in connection with the minority investment in Delachaux by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ).
- Advising Charterhouse on the sale of the group SIACI SAINT HONORE to its management and teams.
- Advised the management of Primonial, one of the French leaders in asset management for individuals, on their minority investment in the group, in the context of the purchase of a majority shareholding by the private equity fund Bridgepoint (with Crédit Mutuel Arkéa also retaining a minority stake).
- Advised Onet’s managers in the context of a minority stake acquisition in Holding Reinier, a holding company controlling ONET group, along with the investment fund EMZ. ONET is a leading international group of engineering and diversified services .
- Advised private equity fund Charterhouse and other investors on the structuring of their acquisition of SERB pharmaceuticals.
- ESSEC, MBA
- Université de Strasbourg III, Masters, Corporate Tax (DJCE)
- Leicester University, BA