Admitted to the Paris Bar, Nicolas Danan is a partner in the Tax practice of the Paris office.
Nicolas' practice focuses on private equity, M&A and financings, especially structuring of cross-border M&A transactions, including real estate transactions, as well as providing day-to-day tax assistance to companies. He also advises individuals on patrimonial tax management including the setting up of management packages in private equity transactions.
Over the last several years, he has advised on many international deals. These include: Sotheby’s (take private – Patrick Drahi’s holding), Altice Europe (take private – Patrick Drahi’s), Altice spin-off of its towers and infrastructure business, SIACI, Primonial, Webhelp, Cooper (Charterhouse), Sagemcom (Charterhouse), SERB (Charterhouse), Quadrans Buildings (ANFA Group), Sandro Maje, Portugal Telecom (Altice), Express Roularta Group (Altice), SFR (Numericable - Altice).
In addition to his native French, Nicolas is fluent in English.
Áreas de Enfoque
Recent or pending deals in which Nicolas Danan was involved include:
- Advising Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
- Advised the management of Delachaux SA, a French leading company in rail infrastructure equipment and diversified industries in connection with the minority investment in Delachaux by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ).
- Advising Charterhouse on the sale of the group SIACI SAINT HONORE to its management and teams.
- Advised the management of Primonial, one of the French leaders in asset management for individuals, on their minority investment in the group, in the context of the purchase of a majority shareholding by the private equity fund Bridgepoint (with Crédit Mutuel Arkéa also retaining a minority stake).
- Advised Onet’s managers in the context of a minority stake acquisition in Holding Reinier, a holding company controlling ONET group, along with the investment fund EMZ. ONET is a leading international group of engineering and diversified services .
- Advised private equity fund Charterhouse and other investors on the structuring of their acquisition of SERB pharmaceuticals.
- Advised the management of Sandro Maje Claudie Pierlot (SMCP), an affordable luxury clothing manufacturer, in connection with the listing of the group on Euronext Paris.
- Advised Quadrifolio France and Codimmo on the structuring aspects of its debt refinancing.
- Advised the Webhelp Group on the structuring aspects of its debt refinancing.
- Advised Groupe C2S, (and its majority shareholder, private equity fund Bridgepoint) private clinics operator, on the acquisition of Groupe Avenir Santé, private clinics operator, from Montefiore Investment.
- Advised the real estate company SCI Quadrans Est – indirectly controlled by Altice founder P. Drahi - on the structuring aspects of its acquisition of office premises to be leased to Next Radio TV.
- Advised private equity fund Alpha Private Equity on its acquisition of Feu Vert, a French car repair retail group.
- Advised 21 Centrale Partners and the management of the Potel & Chabot on the capital reorganization led by Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners and Accorhotels.
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on the acquisition of Sagemcom.
- Advised the management of SMCP in the context of the acquisition of a majority stake by Shandong Ruyi group.
- Advising Webhelp on the structuring of the acquisition of Webhelp by the management team alongside with KKR.
- Advised Altice on the signature of a strategic partnership with NextRadioTV.
- Advised Parquest Capital in the acquisition of the equipment manufacturer CAILLAU from ING Belgium.
- Advised Altice as co-counsel on acquisition of 70% stake in Suddenlink.
- Advised Altice on the sale of mobile shares of Outremer Telecom to Telma.
- Advised Altice and Numericable-SFR on the structuring of the purchase of the 20 percent stake held by Vivendi in Numericable-SFR.
- Advised Altice Media Group on the acquisition of Groupe Express Roularta (GER) (2015).
- Advised Altice on the structuring and financing aspects of their acquisition of Portugal Telecom (2014).
Université de Strasbourg III, Masters, Corporate Tax (DJCE)
Leicester University, BA