João Luiz Cople
João Cople has more than 17 years of experience in strategic litigation. In addition to his work in complex contractual and regulatory disputes, João Cople has a multidisciplinary profile, with participation in administrative, tax, electoral, insurance, social security and arbitration disputes.
- The branch of one of the largest electrical energy companies in the world in demand involving the payment of amounts owed by LIGHT for the supply of electrical energy to be distributed.
- A Turkish company leader in the energy transition, in several legal actions and arbitration proceedings against the Electric Energy Trading Chamber – CCEE to suspend the enforceability of the penalties applied to the company, due to the delay in starting the commercial operation of the Plants and prevent it from be considered in default due to non-payment of these penalties valued at the historical value of R$ 558,386,985.36, as well as the termination of energy supply contracts.
- Leading supplier of offshore drilling units in proposed action against Petrobras, for damages suffered as a result of the early termination of two Charter Agreements. The state-owned company's conviction reached the historic value of R$1.9 billion.
- “João Cople is perhaps the most sensible lawyer I have worked with. Down to earth, above average work capacity, dedication and attention to clients.” – The Legal 500, 2024
- “João Cople is a key contact for administrative and civil litigation.” – The Legal 500, 2023
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, MBA, in Tax Law
- Universidade Estácio de Sá, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)