Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Krista Cooley is a partner in Mayer Brown's Washington DC office and a member of the Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement practice. Krista concentrates her practice on matters related to consumer financial products and services and advises clients on compliance with federal and state laws governing licensing, approvals and practices of financial institutions, mortgage lenders, consumer finance companies, loan servicers, payment system providers and secondary market participants. She also represents clients in federal and state investigations, enforcement proceedings and supervisory matters.
- Represent multiple FHA-insured lenders in connection with FCA investigations by the US Attorney’s Office and the DOJ involving FHA mortgage insurance, including the origination and servicing of FHA loans and the reverse mortgage, or HECM, program.
- Represent multiple clients in responding to inquiries from HUD's Mortgagee Review Board, Quality Assurance Division, Office of Inspector General, National Servicing Center, and Single Family Claims Branch in connection with the origination and servicing of FHA-insured loans and the offering of loss mitigation to delinquent borrowers.
- Represent several mortgage lenders in responding to inquiries from the Department of Veterans Affairs and the VA’s Office of Inspector General regarding the origination and refinancing of VA-guaranteed loan transactions.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, cum laude
Note and Comment Editor, American University Law Review
- Pennsylvania State University, BA
- District of Columbia