Leader of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
David A. Carpenter
Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Financial Services M&A
Clients highly value David Carpenter for his experience with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and sales of businesses, collaboration and licensing arrangements, joint ventures and strategic alliances, with particular emphasis on cross-border transactions. In addition to his M&A work, David represents clients in connection with PIPEs, venture capital and early stage investment activities as well as on corporate governance matters. David is also a founding member and Chair of Mayer Brown’s ESG product group and, in this role, represents clients in connection with their carbon reduction initiatives, among other things.
- Reliance Industries in connection with its acquisition of an approximately 75% stake in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, New York from Investment Corporation of Dubai.
- Nestlé S.A. in the $2.6 billion public tender offer for peanut allergy company, Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.(Nasdaq: AIMT).
- Nestlé’s Health Science division in the acquisition of the assets associated with Allergan plc’s gastrointestinal medication products Zenpep and Viokace for the treatment of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
- Nestlé S.A. in its $7.15 billion global alliance with Starbucks. As part of the alliance, Nestlé obtained the rights to market, sell, and distribute Starbucks, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Starbucks Reserve, Teavana, Starbucks VIA and Torrefazione Italia packaged coffee and tea in the global consumer packaged goods and food services channels.
- DePaul University College of Law, JD
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA
- Nueva York