David L. Beam
Fintech, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
David Beam is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington, DC office. He is a co-leader of the firmwide Fintech practice, and member of the Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement group. David's practice focuses on payment systems and credit products, with an emphasis on legal issues that arise from the innovative use of technology in financial services.
- Represented American Express in connection with the restructuring of its reloadable prepaid and gift card products business, which included the sale to InComm of the Serve technology platform and other assets related to the American Express business, together with the appointment of InComm as the program manager, issuer processor, and exclusive distributor of American Express prepaid reloadable and gift card products.
- Advised numerous clients in connection with examinations and supervisory proceedings by federal and state financial regulators, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Reserve Board.
- Represented a credit card company being investigated by the FDIC for its practices related to add on products.
- Defended numerous companies being investigated for operating as unlicensed money services businesses by state financial regulators.
- Emory University, BA
- University of Maine School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
Articles editor, Law Review
- District of Columbia
Participación Profesional y Comunitaria
- ABA Consumer Financial Services Committee (chair, Preemption and Federalism Subcommittee)