Alternative Finance Summit 2023: Fintech, Blockchain, and Crowdfunding
Alternative finance continues to drive significant engagement with the investment community. But it also raises many more questions than answers about what the future holds for fintech, blockchain and crowdfunding. The Practising Law Insitutue (PLI) will host this program where leading industry lawyers, dealmakers, and regulators will discuss where we are now and where we may be headed.
During the “Securities Offering and Private Placement Developments: A Prolific, Controversial Year of Rulemaking” panel, Mayer Brown partner, Anna Pinedo, will discuss developments in securities offerings and private placements. Topics include:
- ESG guidance and related changes: What Every Public Company Must Know
- Compliance with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives in disclosures
- SEC rule changes regarding integration
- Comparison of IPO through SPAC or direct listing vs. traditional IPOs
- SEC guidance on SPACs: SPAC Mergers and the SEC Review Process
- SEC rulemaking initiative tracking
- SEC strategy on blockchain issues
- The Biden SEC: Administrative and Enforcement Priorities
- Congressional oversight of the SEC and other agencies
- SEC crypto enforcement lawyer staffing up
Visit the event website for more information.