Derivatives could save the planet…or at least be an influence for the good. That is the underlying rationale for emissions trading.
Emissions trading is an asset class which is purely a creature of regulation, and that leads to many intricacies, nuances and traps for the unwary, which are not found in other types of product or derivative. Interest in emissions credit for trading, and as underlying assets for OTC derivatives and structured products is rising again.
During our webinar, our London- and US-based Derivatives & Structured Products team members will discuss key issues, such as:
- Relevance of the Kyoto Protocol
- Emissions Trading Regimes
- ISDA, EFET and EFET Documentation Platforms
- Regulatory Treatment of Emissions Products in the US (i.e., as Swaps, Futures or Forwards)
- Using Emissions Allowances as an Underlying Asset in Structured Products, including property rights issues in different EU Member States, and issues with taking security
- Awareness of Fraud Issues
CLE is not available when viewing a recording of this program. In order to receive credit you must have attended the live webinar program.