On March 19, Northern California counties issued orders directing their residents to shelter in place in an effort to reduce the risk that the novel coronavirus COVID-19 would be transmitted. Since then, numerous states and municipalities have issued stay-at-home orders requiring all but those individuals who work for “essential” businesses to work from home.
Please join Mayer Brown partners Thomas Delaney, Henninger Bullock and Marcia Madsen for a special edition COVID-19 update teleconference during which they will discuss:
- The origin of these orders,
- How they conflict with one another and with federal guidance for the financial services industry,
- How they conflict with one another and with federal guidance for the defense industry and its suppliers,
- The restrictions imposed on businesses even when they are deemed essential, and
- What employers can and should do to determine their compliance obligations and risks.
Mayer Brown’s Global Financial Markets Initiative helps clients deal with the legal and business challenges resulting from the ongoing turbulence in worldwide financial markets. By mobilizing the firm’s global resources from multiple practices and offices, the initiative provides clients with knowledgeable and timely counsel on a broad spectrum of their legal needs.