Josephine Wong is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. Josephine advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions. She also negotiates, drafts and advises on joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements and share purchase agreements as well as all matters of corporate and commercial law.
Josephine is admitted in Hong Kong. She speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised a US Fortune 100 corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange on an acquisition of a global oil & gas division of a FTSE 250 Index constituent company. The deal is valued at US$405 million and involved target assets across multiple jurisdictions. A six-practice, eight-office Mayer Brown team assisted the transaction.
- Advised a prominent Singapore real estate company on its disposal of a modern service aparthotel to a Hong Kong property developer listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong for around HK$740 million.
- Advised a PRC state-owned leasing company on its acquisition of LNG vessel, as well as related cross-collaterisation, leaseback arrangements and sanctions issues. The total consideration for the acquisition is appropriately US$157 million.
- Advised one of the leading firms in China in the rooftop solar panel segment on the joint venture and subsequent sale of its rooftop solar panel project business to a French state-owned renewable energy enterprise.
- Advised a strategy investment fund based in Hong Kong on the restructuring, joint venture and acquisition of a company focused on the manufacturing and distribution of bioactive botanical extract ingredients in China and the US.
- Advised a prominent Japanese corporation on the purchase of a minority stake in Hong Kong joint venture focusing on measuring instruments and metrological technology.
- Advised a French private equity firm in its acquisition of an infant and maternal products distribution business.
- Advised a Chinese leasing company on its subscription of shares, loan arrangements and joint venture in a special purpose vehicle holding three vessels with a total value of approximately US$276 million.
- Advised a Chinese real estate property developer in the sale of a Grade A commercial building through the disposal of its property holding subsidiary. The total consideration of the transaction is HK$20 billion.
- Advised a Hong Kong private education platform on a joint venture with an education consultancy company based in the United Kingdom, for the establishment of a prestigious international school.
- Advised a Hong Kong real estate company on the establishment of a multi-party joint venture. The multi-party joint venture is used to develop the business, operation and management of an aviation facility in China.
- Advised a Hong Kong private equity firm on the sale of its spectacle-related business.
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- Hong Kong