"Lauren Theodoulou has a very bright future ahead." She is "a fantastic senior associate capable of running litigation on her own, with great tactical sense and a masterful eye for detail. Engaging and talented, and a delight to work with."Legal 500 2024
Lauren Theodoulou is counsel in the Litigation practice of the London office. She advises financial services clients on litigation and contentious regulatory and insolvency matters. Her clients include major global banks, funds, corporates, individuals and insolvency practitioners. She has experience of advising on claims brought in the English Courts and also in other jurisdictions, and most of the matters she acts on have a significant cross-border element. Lauren has particular expertise in advising on claims involving complex financial products, including derivatives and securitisation structures. She also regularly represents clients in cases involving allegations of misrepresentation, fraud and breach of duty.
- Acting for Société Générale in the Court of Appeal, successfully reversing a first instance order providing for an inquiry as to damages arising out of the maintenance by Société Générale of freezing injunctions against various Goldas entities. Société Générale v Goldas Kuyumculuk Sanayi Ithalat Ihracat AS  EWCA Civ 1093.
- A leading Indian bank on the enforcement of various guarantees provided by Essar, in respect of lending for a power project in India including on its complex cross-border enforcement strategy and successfully achieving the dismissal of an application by the lender's guarantor to restrain the presentation by the firm's client of a winding-up petition based on the bank's statutory demand for in excess of $500m.
- Advising financial services clients on disputes relating to derivatives transactions.
- Advising financial institutions on issues relating to IBOR transition.
- Advising members of ISDA’s European Credit Derivatives Determinations Committee in an adversarial ISDA External Review process under the ISDA Rules.
- Acting for the liquidators of a company in respect of a negligence claim against the company’s former liquidators.
- Advising a Trustee in a claim relating to a securitisation structure involving a major international bank.
- Defending the former managing director of a company in respect of a claim for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Advising a large scale financial institution in a dispute with an international brokerage firm.
University of Limerick, Ireland, Bachelor of Law in Law and European Studies
- England and Wales
- Listed as a key lawyer for Banking Litigation, "Lauren Theodoulou has a very bright future ahead." She is "a fantastic senior associate capable of running litigation on her own, with great tactical sense and a masterful eye for detail. Engaging and talented, and a delight to work with." (Legal 500 2024).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Banking Litigation (Legal 500 2021).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Fraud (Legal 500 2020).