Clients come to Bryan Tan for his extensive experience in:
- Corporate and commercial litigation (both in the General Division of the High Court and the Singapore International Commercial Court)
- International arbitration
- Restructuring & insolvency
- Employment-related disputes
- Tech-related disputes
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Computer technology
Clients served by Bryan include Dell, BitMEX, and Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank.
- The bank in the Court of Appeal case of Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Singapore Branch v PPT Energy Trading Co Ltd  SGCA(I) 7 in its claim under a letter of indemnity. The letter of indemnity was a document that was presented for payment under a letter of credit.
- Companies in a corporate derivative action in Actis Excalibur Ltd v KS Distribution Pte Ltd and others  SGHCR 11.
- Liquidators in the case of Living the Link (Pte) Ltd (in creditors’ voluntary liquidation) and others v Tan Lay Tin Tina & Others  3SLR 621, a landmark case involving breaches of directors’ fiduciary duties and undue preferences given by an insolvent company to associated companies prior to liquidation.
- The client in the High Court case of Lim Kok Lian (executor and trustee of the estate of Lee Biau Luan, deceased) v Lee Patricia (executor and trustee of the estate of Lee Biau Luan, deceased)  1 SLR 1184 and successfully struck out a claim for the tort of malicious prosecution of civil proceedings as disclosing no reasonable cause of action. The case was the first in Singapore to decide on the tort of malicious prosecution of civil proceedings and its elements.
- The client, and successfully defended the client, against a claim in excess of US$15 million arising out of losses suffered in investments in equity accumulator transactions.
- An investor seeking an injunction restraining the convening of the Annual General Meeting of a Singapore listed company due to contraventions of the Securities and Futures Act in the case of Goldilocks Investment Co Ltd v Noble Group Ltd  5 SLR 425. The High Court also considered the character of the Securities and Futures Act as a forum mandatory statute.
- Cryptocurrency investors in a US$2 million dispute regarding token offerings in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
- The judicial manager of FTMS Holdings (S) Pte Ltd, which involved managing cross-border assets, including urgent action to stop the unauthorized transfer of assets in Vietnam.
- In an SIAC arbitration valued in excess of US$30 million in respect of the sale of palm oil plantations in Indonesia.
- As lead counsel in the case of Ozak Seiko Co Ltd v Ozak Seiko (S) Pte Ltd and another and other matters  SGHC 34, and successfully defended an application for leave to bring a derivative action for alleged breach of director’s duties.
- As lead counsel for an applicant seeking an injunction to restrain two other parties proceeding with winding up applications on the basis of statutory demands served on the applicant in the amount of over €7.7 million.
University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Commerce, Finance
- Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
- President, University of Melbourne Alumni Association (Singapore) (May 2017 - May 2021)
- Advocacy Trainer for Prospective Advocates and Solicitors, Singapore Bar Examination