Christopher Street is a senior associate in Mayer Brown's Restructuring practice in London. Chris has practised in both London and the Middle East concentrating particularly on aviation finance, Islamic finance, sovereign lending, distressed debt and restructuring. Chris advises banks, funds, investment managers, borrowers and airlines in connection with the origination and restructuring of both conventional and shari’a-compliant lending products.
- Acting for the lease manager in connection with the restructuring of the leasing and associated financing of three aircraft on lease to a major low-cost carrier.*
- Acting for the agent in connection with a workout of an AED580,000,000 facility made available in connection with the financing of a UAE retail mall.*
- Acting for an asset manager in connection with the shari’a-compliant structuring of a series of fund investments.*
- Acting for a syndicate of banks on a series of conventional and murabaha facilities totalling almost $2,000,000,000 made available to the Government of Pakistan.*
- Acting for the lender in connection with a series of loans made available to an Indian state-owned bank.*
- Acting for a Middle East-based aircraft lessor on a $480,000,000 conventional and murabaha revolving credit facility with an accordion option to upsize to $800,000,000 (named Airfinance Journal Islamic Deal of the Year, 2018).*
- Acting for a syndicate of Middle East-based lenders on a series of bridge facilities totalling $600,000,000 made available to a major Indian airline.*
- Acting for a syndicate of Middle East-based lenders on the $500,000,000 ijaara financing of four Boeing 787 Dreamliners delivered to Etihad Airways.*
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
College of Law, Guildford, LPC, Distinction
University of Sussex, LLB (Hons) First Class Honours
- England and Wales
- Listed as a key lawyer for Islamic Finance, He 'is a specialist in products connected with the aviation and investment management spaces.' (Legal 500 2022).