Professional Support Lawyer
Andrew J. Stanger
Financial Services M&A, Corporate & Securities, Energy Transactions
Andrew J. Stanger is a professional support lawyer in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. He uses his deep experience in corporate transactional matters to keep the practice at the forefront of developments, promote efficient delivery of services, train lawyers, and leverage technology.
As a former partner, his experience includes representing public and private companies, underwriters, investors, and investment funds in a variety of matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, and divestitures of businesses;
- offerings of equity and debt securities;
- corporate governance, securities law reporting, and exchange rules; and
- general contractual matters.
Based in Houston, Andrew has represented clients located in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia operating in a variety of industries, including energy and resource companies (oil and gas exploration and production and oilfield services companies), chemical companies, technology companies, and financial services companies.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Investments and Projects
- Advised Sinochem in its $1.7 billion acquisition of oil and gas interests in the Wolfcamp shale play in West Texas.
- Advised Solvay in a large-scale, long-term integrated industrial facility with a feedstock supplier.
- Advised a Korean technology conglomerate in the divestment of a Mexican subsidiary and investment in a private U.S. technology company.
- Advised RWE Supply & Trading GmbH on two energy-related investments.
- Advised the International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, in investments in South American financial institutions.
- Advised the special committee of the board of directors of XETA Technologies, Inc. in connection with the $60 million merger with PAETEC Corp.
- Advised a Canadian oil and gas drilling fluids processing company in the acquisition of the assets of a private Texas oilfield services company.
- Advised Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of several companies to form a broadcast and digital media advertising platform.
- Advised the ad hoc committees of bondholders in connection with the restructuring of Dayton Superior Corporation, a maker of specialized concrete, and Station Casinos, Inc.
- Advised Bonanza Creek Energy, Inc. in offerings totaling $1.2 billion, including its initial public offering, several high-yield debt offerings and a secondary offering.
- Advised Morgan Stanley and UBS as lead underwriters in offerings of common stock, preferred stock, notes and depositary shares totaling $680 million by National General Holdings Corp.
- Advised FBR as initial purchaser in Rule 144A equity offerings of National General Holdings Corp. totaling $419 million.
- Advised Citigroup, Credit Suisse and Global Hunter Securities as initial purchasers in a Rule 144A offering of $375 million convertible notes by Energy & Exploration Partners, Inc.
- Advised Halcon Resources Corporation in several registered common stock and Rule 144A high-yield debt offerings totaling $1 billion.
- Advised Emerald Oil, Inc. in several public and private equity offerings totaling $316 million.
- Advised ION Geophysical Corporation in the exchange of $175 million of senior secured notes.
- Advised the underwriters, including BofA Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo, in public offerings of common units by Exterran Partners, L.P. totaling $240 million.
- Advised Regency Energy Partners LP in a $363 million public offering of common units.
- Ranked in Legal 500 – Capital Markets: Global Offerings
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, JD, magna cum laude
Brigham Young University Law Review, Senior Editor, Order of the Coif
- Brigham Young University, BA, magna cum laude