Niandra Soares is an associate in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office. Niandra has experience in local, state and federal tax consulting and litigation, in particular in the industrial, services and retail sectors, drafting opinions, participating in due diligence, practicing in administrative and legal proceedings and tax audits, as well as advice on special tax regimes.
Before joining the firm, Niandra was a lawyer at Gasparini, de Cresci e Nogueira de Lima Advogados and a legal trainee at Barbosa, Müssnich & Aragão Advogados – Tax Advice, Tozzini Freire Advogados and Motta and Fernandes Rocha Advogados.
- Participated in the due diligence for the acquisition of shares issued by Terminal Portuário do Guarujá by an oil and gas services provider.
- Participated in the due diligence for the acquisition of land and standing trees by a timberland investment fund, involving the amount of USD200 million in the States of Paraná and Santa Catarina.
- Participated in tax planning for the implementation of VIP Lounges by a provider of services at Brazilian airports.
- Participated in tax and corporate restructuring of a higher education institution in São Paulo, involving the amount of BRL320 million.
- Participated in the due diligence for the acquisition of standing timber for generation of biomass by a timberland investment fund, involving in the amount of USD100 million, in the State of Minas Gerais.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Oil & Gas Law
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais (IBMEC/RJ), LLM, Tax Law and Tax Accounting