Tarun Patel is a partner in the Private Equity practice of the London office.
Tarun joined Mayer Brown in 2021, following close to a decade working at other prominent international firms.
He has a broad range of experience advising private equity sponsors across the full life cycle of their investment strategies, including on primary and secondary buyouts, growth and minority investments and exits to trade, other institutional investors or via the public markets. He has also advised a number of foreign corporates participating in bilateral M&A within the UK.
Tarun’s practice is sector agnostic, but he has a great deal of recent experience in particular advising clients in the healthcare, technology and financial services sectors.
Tarun was quoted on M&A market trends in an interview with Real Deals magazine in 2020.
- Acting for Vitruvian Partners, in its acquisition of AnyVan Group, an online booking platform that allows private and business customers to book a broad range of delivery services via their online marketplace.
- Acting for Averna Capital and ClimateCare on ClimateCare’s merger with Natural Capital Partners, forming a global and market-leading solutions provider in the Voluntary Carbon Market.*
- Acting for Averna Capital on its investment in ClimateCare, a leading profit with purpose environmental and social impact company headquartered in Oxford, UK.*
- Acting for Arsenal Capital Partners on:
- the acquisition of BresMed, a UK headquartered health economics and outcomes research consultancy providing health economic solutions to the global pharmaceutical industry.*
- the public-to-private acquisition by its portfolio company Value Demonstration Holdings LLC of Cello Health plc, an AIM-listed global healthcare-focused advisory group.*
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on the US$1 billion+ acquisition of Lumenis, the Israeli-headquartered global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the aesthetic, surgical and ophthalmology specialties.*
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on:
- the acquisition of Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator of European escorted tours and cruises.*
- the acquisition of CARE Fertility, the UK’s leading fertility services provider.*
- the acquisition of BOA CoreDux, a leading European house and subsystem designer and manufacturer.*
- Acting for Kohlberg & Company on:
- the acquisition by its portfolio company US Risk Insurance Group, of MGB Insurance Brokers, a UK Lloyd’s broker specialising in arranging financial and professional insurance.*
- the acquisition by its portfolio company MarketCast Group, of Deductive, a UK and US co-headquartered data service provider to US media and consumer electronics.*
- Acting for Duke Street on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of escorted rail journeys.*
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its US$5.3 billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout.*
- Acting for Inflexion Private Equity and management on the sale of Jack Wills, the British heritage inspired clothing brand.*
- Acting for PEAK6 Investments on its partial acquisition of Bournemouth F.C., a Premier League football club.*
- Acting for Piper Private Equity and management on the sale of The Rug Company, a leading global brand in contemporary designer rugs.*
- Acting for management on the sale of Talon Outdoor, the UK’s only independent out of home media specialist.*
- Acting for Auctus Industries and management on the secondary buyout of Shimtech Industries, a supplier of precision-engineered components for the aerospace sector.*
- Acting for management on the sale of The Cotswold Company, one of the UK’s largest online furniture retailers.*
- Acting for Endless LLP on the buyout of The Book People, a UK discount bookseller.*
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
BPP University Law School, GDL and LPC
University of York, BA (Hons) English Literature with Spanish
- England and Wales