Allison Lee is a partner in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
Recommended by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023), Allison has a broad cross-border transactional practice advising public and private companies and private equity firms in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic investments and other significant corporate matters. She also advises sponsors and investors on continuation fund transactions and regularly advises insurance clients on distribution agreements across Asia.
Before joining Mayer Brown, Allison worked as an international counsel in an international law firm.
Allison speaks Mandarin and is admitted to practice as an attorney in New York and as a solicitor in Hong Kong.
- Represented True North in its acquisition of a significant minority stake in Accion Group Holdings, a Pittsburg-based digital and innovation engineering company, from TA Associates and other shareholders.
- Represented AIA in its pan-Asian health insurtech joint venture with Discovery.
- Represented Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a multinational professional services firm’s Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services practice, the global leader in employee tax, immigration, business travel, cross-border managed services, and payroll solutions to multinational organizations and their employees.
- Represented Kelso in its acquisition of a majority interest in ReSource Pro, a market leader in business process solutions for the P&C insurance industry.
- Represented AIA Group in its investment in Tiki, an all-in-one e-commerce platform in Vietnam, and entry into an exclusive 10 year partnership, the first of its kind between a life insurer and a digital platform in Vietnam.
- Represented AIA Malaysia in its investment in TNG Digital Sdn. Bhd., owner of Touch ‘n Go eWallet, Malaysia’s largest e-wallet provider, and entry into a long term strategic partnership.
- Represented Ant Group in its agreement to form joint ventures with Mail.ru Group, USM, MegaFon, and RDIF in payments and financial services.
- Represented FWD in the acquisition of Vietcombank – Cardif Life Insurance and entry into a long-term distribution partnership.
- Represented Resolution Life in its revised AUS$3.0 billion acquisition of AMP Life.
- Represented The Heart Clinic, a cardiology specialist medical practice, in its sale to Virtus Medical Holdings, a private equity-backed medical services provider, and the establishment of long-term operating arrangements.
- Represented AIA Group in its AUS$3.8 billion acquisition of CommInsure and Sovereign, the life insurance businesses of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Australia and New Zealand, and related 20 year bancassurance agreements.
- Represented Prudential Financial in its life insurance joint venture with CT Corp in Indonesia.
- Represented American International Group in its sale of its Japanese life insurance business to FWD.
- Represented FWD in a 15-year bancassurance agreement with An Binh Bank in Vietnam.
- Represented Ally Bridge in its PIPEs transaction with Nasdaq-listed Sorrento Therapeutics, a US biotechnology company.
- Represented Clearwater Capital Partners in the establishment of an Indian credit platform, and the approximately US$300 million collective co-investment by Clearwater Capital Partners and two other large global investors.
- Represented AIA Group in its landmark exclusive bancassurance partnership with Citibank to distribute its insurance products to 11 countries in the Asia Pacific region.
- Represented American International Group in the sale of its Taiwanese consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Represented Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in its Chinese activities.
- Represented a global solar power company in its US$2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- Represented The D. E. Shaw Group in the restructuring of Kaisa, a Hong Kong-listed PRC property developer.
- Represented AIA Group in its US$1.7 billion acquisition of ING's Malaysian insurance businesses.
- Represented a global investment banking and financial services company in the sale of its Asian PE Portfolio to HarbourVest and Asia Growth Capital.
- Represented Booz Allen Hamilton, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its US$238 million initial public offering.
- Represented an asset management company in its sale of TruckPro to Harvest Partners.
- Represented Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its US$3.2 billion acquisition of Emergency Medical Services Corporation.
- Represented Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its US$250 million PIPE investment in NCI Building Systems.
- Represented American International Group in the sale of its Indian mutual fund business to Pinebridge Investments.
- Represented Tower Group in its US$107 million acquisition of Specialty Underwriters’ Alliance.
University of Chicago Law School, JD
Princeton University, BA
- New York
- Hong Kong
- Recommended - Corporate (including M&A), Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022, 2023)
- Recommended - Insurance, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022, 2023)