Gary Johnson is counsel in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice.
Gary has a broad commercial litigation practice representing clients in state and federal courts and arbitration, as well as internal and government investigations. He represents clients in the energy, construction, financial services, real estate and insurance industries. Gary represents both plaintiffs and defendants in business disputes involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and other business torts. In addition, he assists in counseling clients on transactions and contract drafting, including in mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2020, Gary spent eight years with another large, international firm in Houston. Gary received his JD from the University of Virginia School of Law and his BA from Rice University.
University of Virginia School of Law, JD
Virginia Law Review, Editorial Board
Rice University, BA, magna cum laude
- Houston Bar Association Lawyers for Literacy Committee, Member and former Co-Chair
- Houston Bar Association Lawyers for a Beautiful Houston Committee, Member
- Rice University Young Alumni Leadership Council, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation, 2021