Co-leader of Restructuring
Restructuring, Supply Chain & Distribution, Distressed Real Estate
Amy Jacks serves on Mayer Brown’s Partnership Board and is co-head of the Restructuring practice of the London office. She acts for a variety of funds, investment and clearing banks, insolvency practitioners, corporates, management teams and property advisors.
Amy advises on complex and often multi-jurisdictional restructurings as well as having undertaken many of the larger portfolio sales in the market recently. She has led various high-profile transactions across a breadth of sectors including, in the last few months, construction, retail, technology, waste, energy and automotive.
Since joining Mayer Brown, Amy's experience includes:
- Acting for the agent and lender to a global automotive car part manufacturing business operating across numerous jurisdictions including UK, Germany, US, France, Brazil, China and Turkey. The German entities entered DIP proceedings and subsequently the English entities entered administration. We advised in relation to DIP financing; defending clawbacks claims in the German proceedings; numerous sales of businesses and subsidiaries around the world; and finally in relation to an innovative multi-step escrow arrangement to facilitate an exit for the client via a complex multi-jurisdictional transaction.
- Advising two partners in their capacity as the administrators of a property development vehicle which was placed into administration in 2019.
- Assisted with the appointment of administrators over a British toy shop and advised on the subsequent sales strategy.
- Advised fixed charge receivers of shares in a shopping centre structure in relation to their appointment and sales strategy.
- Represented insolvency practitioners from Alvarez & Marsal Europe, the leading global professional services firm, in connection with all aspects of their appointment as the liquidators of Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas), a construction company operating in the Middle East, Europe & North Africa. The liquidators were appointed by an order of the Guernsey Court.
- Band 5: Restructuring/Insolvency. Amy Jacks co-heads the restructuring practice at Mayer Brown and acts for clients across the space including debtors, creditors and insolvency practitioners. She is experienced handling cross-border restructurings, including those with offshore elements. "Amy Jacks is an excellent lawyer. She is good in a challenging environment where there are complexities and different stakeholders." "She takes a considered and corporative approach to the matter whilst being very commercial." "She's a very good communicator and a very commercial operator who understands the wider deal." "She is very strong in her advice and her approach to situations." - Chambers UK
- "Amy Jacks is simply a great operator who, in addition to a great volume of technical knowledge, has a hands-on and commercial approach to complex restructurings." "Amy Jacks and Michael Fiddy are both personable, technically strong and appropriately pragmatic." - Legal 500
- College of Law, York, LPC
- University of Leeds, LLB
- England and Wales
Professional & Community Involvement
- INSOL International