"'Superb' Amy Jacks is a ‘very strong all-rounder’ across a range of restructuring and insolvency work including in relation to portfolio sales"Legal 500
Amy Jacks is a partner and co-head of the Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency practice of the London office. She acts for a variety of funds, investment and clearing banks, insolvency practitioners, corporates, management teams and property advisors.
Amy advises on complex and often multi-jurisdictional restructurings as well as having undertaken many of the larger portfolio sales in the market recently. She has led various high-profile transactions across a breadth of sectors including, in the last few months, construction, retail, technology, waste, energy and automotive.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Amy's experience includes:
- Advising approximately 200 boards of a multinational construction company.
- Advising a US client on their investment into the UK consumer finance market. This involved complex finance and equity structuring.
- Advising the UK companies in a global automotive manufacturing business on an innovative funding and disposal process via a pre-pack administration, enabling the UK companies to continue trading and saving around 600 jobs.
- Advising the UK board of directors of a global IT consulting business.
- Advising stakeholders in the collapse of a UK airline around their options.
- Advising on numerous portfolio sales, both buy and sell-side, of performing and non-performing loans and assets, aggregating in excess of £17 billion, including Projects Churchill, Urraco, Moon, Titan, Gatsby, Hieronymous, Leo, Arrow, Gem and Detroit.
College of Law, York, LPC
University of Leeds, LLB
- England and Wales
- In 2018, Amy was included in The Lawyer Hot 100 2018: Dealmakers list - recognised for her restructuring practice and her recent focus on deals that have included banking clients, as well as technology and renewables businesses. She "made a name for herself acting on both the buy and sell side for multi-billion European loan portfolio transactions".
- "'Superb' Amy Jacks is a ‘very strong all-rounder’ across a range of restructuring and insolvency work including in relation to portfolio sales" - Legal 500, 2017.
- In 2016, Amy was named Corporate Restructuring lawyer of the year at the prestigious TRI awards.
- Financial News named Amy as one of their '40 under 40 Rising Stars'. This award showcases the standout lawyers who have shown promise as they advise clients, and help shape the development of the legal sector.